Chapter 17- Normal

Chapter 17- Normal

*Kensi's POV*

Deeks picked me up at eight the next morning. He came loaded with coffee and a dozen donuts. That already made my day better. 

Kissing Deeks on the stairs last night surprised me. I have never been spontaneous like that, but it felt so right. True, being involved with him made me nervous, but that was the fun in it. Then again, when Callen and Sam find out, Deeks better hide.

We got to OSP, and entered the familiar bullpen. Callen and Sam were already at their desks bantering about something.

"Morning guys." I said, setting my stuff down on the desk.

"Sup Kens." Sam nodded. 

"Mr. Deeks! Ms. Blye! Could I see you in my office for a debriefing?" Hetty called from across the office.

We walked up to her open desk. She was already sipping on a cup of tea.

"So how was marriage?" She smiled mysteriously.

"We argued like an old married couple, so I guess we did something right." Deeks replied.

"That's good. Ms. Blye?"

"Yes, it went pretty well, aside from the fight." I answered simply and bluntly.

"Well the O'Bryants are going to be convicted. They found the bomb, and it was taken care of. You are dismissed. Good work." 

Deeks and I walked back to our desks where Sam and Callen were pretending to do paperwork.

"So, how was marriage?" Callen asked with a smirk.

"Um, interesting." I pressed my lips together.

"Oh what kind of interesting? Please do tell all the juicy details!"

Luckily, I was saved by Eric blowing a trumpet from upstairs.

"Case!" He yelled.

"Was that really necessary?" Callen rolled his eyes playfully.

"Too much?"

"A tad." 

*^*^*^*

"Two hours ago, Staff Sergeant Jonathon Hanson was taken into custody by officials at Camp Pendleton. The report says that during a training exercise, he got into a heated argument with a fellow Marine, Corporal Thomas Gaines." Eric said, putting a picture of Corporal Gaines and SSgt Hanson on the screen. "The argument got physical, and by the time the others broke it up, Cpl Gaines was knocked unconscious. This is the third time this month that Hanson has sent someone to the hospital after a fight. They need you guys to figure out what is causing him to have violent outbursts."

"Isn't that something for a therapist? What would NCIS do to change his behavior?"

"Drug tests reveal that he had Fluoxetine in his system. He claims he didn't take it."

"Fluoxetine?" Deeks said confused.

"Prozac. Anti-depressant medicine." Nell said, displaying a picture of the medicine.

"Well this definatly made him undepressed." Deeks muttered.

"Well, he wasn't prescribed Prozac. If you aren't depressed, Prozac is 10.3 times more likely to cause violent behavior."

"Great, so someone is pumping these Marines full of anti-depresants that makes them go balistic on each other."

"Precisely, Mr. Deeks."  Said Hetty who just walked through the sliding doors. "So off you go now. Most of the service men know who you are, so unfortunately you will have to find out what's happening the old fashioned way, however, Sam will be going in as himself, but in Navy attire."

Sam nodded, and left to go change. Meanwhile, Callen gathered the case notes, and Deeks and I went to go get our go-bags ready. We were staying the night at the base with Sam and Callen.

"Do we have seperate rooms?" Deeks wriggled his eyebrows playfully at me.

"Yes we do, thank you Hetty!" 

"Aww you don't like sharing a bed with your partner?"

"I've shared a bed with you for the last week. That is more than enough Deeks for me to handle."

His face looked hurt, but it was all in his act. This was our 'normal'.

"Geez, Fern. That hit right here." He said, pounding his fist over his heart.

"Lets just go before Sam and Callen leave without us" I groaned, and swung my bag over my shoulder.

*^*^*^*

Being back at a military base made me mildly nervous. The last time we were at one, Deeks and I were forced off the road due to a cut break line. I could tell by his hesitation that he felt similarly. 

Our barracks were right next to each others. Callen's was across the hall, and Sam's was with the other Navy men. I was just settling in when I heard a knock on my door. 

"Agent Blye?" Said a young Marine standing in the hallway.

"Yes?"

"This was in the mail room addressed to you and a Detective Deeks, ma'am."

He handed me a large yellow envelope.

"Thank you."

"You are welcome, ma'am." he gave a small salute, and carried on his mail route.

I knocked on Deeks' door loudly. 

"What's up?" He answered, opening the door wide. I walked past him, into his room.

"We have mail." I waved the package up. 

"Well open it!" He smiled. I pushed my pocket knife through the top of the envelope, opening it wide.

"What the hell?" 

I dumped out the contents. There was a picture of Deeks and me in our car while on surveillance, a scrap of cloth, a vile of liquid, and a smaller envelope. 

Deeks picked up the other letter and tore it open.

"Dear Agent Blye and Detective Deeks,

I don't know if you remember, but then again, how could you forget me? I am your worst nightmare, back and on full throttle. I will not hold back as I did before. I know your secrets. Who you love, where you live, where you think you are safe. I can assure you, you are not safe anymore. I have been watching and planning my revenge on you for a very long time. That little swim was just a taste of what is coming to you. 

As proof of my dedication to ruining your soon to be short lives, I have attached a picture from the day your break lines were cut, a scrap of Agent Blye's blouse from the night that she fought the sleeper agents, and a tube of the break fluid that come from your very car.

Showing your teammates will not help you. That will just guarantee their early deaths also. 

Remember, I'm always watching, always listening, always there with you. Just wait for the games to begin Agents.

-King

"W-what is this? Who is King?" Deeks stuttered.

"I have no idea who King is. But this package is a death threat."

"We need to tell someone!"

"Deeks, you know what he said will happen if we tell. We can't put them in danger."

He ran his hands through his hair rapidly. "You're right, you're right. So what do we do?"

I took a shaky breath and looked up at him nervously.

"I wish I knew."

************************

I do not own NCIS LA or any of the characters

This chapter is sort of short:/ just wanted to get something out there tho! More to come soon.

READ, VOTE, COMMENT