Chapter 63- Vacation (Pt. 3)

Deeks' POV

There's a certain feeling you get when you're about to die. Not only is your heart beating faster than a Ferrari, your senses suddenly go into overdrive. I felt like I was tripping or something. I felt like I could already see into the afterlife. Every few moments something would flash in my peripheral that I swore to myself were ghost, taunting me of my time coming to an end. My fingers rubbed the waxy covering of the wire I was about to sever. My ears heard every little noise: Every sob, prayer, and plea from the passengers; Every slight noise coming from the plane; And the shallow, concentrated breathing of my partner, who was holding a pair of scissors, ready to cut the wire of the bomb. 

"Three." Kensi said shakily.

"Cut." I whispered, and I snipped the wire. Almost in unison, Kensi and I jumped away from the bomb behind the first row of empty seats. I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her head into my chest as protection in case the bomb detonated, not that would save our lives. Seconds passed, and nothing happened, but no body dared to move. 

We sat in a still position until over five minutes passed. I let go of Kensi and turned my head to look at the bomb. From my position, I could see the timer. It was stuck at 40:00.

I let out a huge breath, not realizing that I was even holding my breath in the first place. We did it.

[Back at Ops]

"Anything from Kensi and Deeks?" Sam asked, shaking his head at the massive flight pattern screen that Eric had pulled up on the big screen. 

"Not since you told them how to detonate the bomb." Callen replied with a sigh.

"Guys, incoming call." Eric said, and pressed the ANSWER button. Kensi's voice filled the room, and the entire team seemed instantly relaxed.

"Bomb detonated. We told the pilot to land at the nearest airport, which happens to be Denver. Deeks has already contacted bomb techs there to be ready for us. The only casualty was a flight attendant named Mary." Kensi exclaimed. Her speach was still laced with nervousness, but she sounded alright otherwise. 

"Great job. Now, have a good vacation, Miss Blye." Hetty said, appearing out of nowhere. 

"Oh I don't know if-"

"I wouldn't let you back to work for at least a week after almost facing a man with a bomb on a plane. Consider this your recovery. Goodbye, Kensi." And Hetty hung up the phone before Kensi could get another word of protest out. 

[Six Days later, in a cabin in the mountains]

After Kensi and I got past the whole almost dying thing, we had a lot of fun in our isolated cabin. We would take a walk every morning (which ultimately turned into a race home when we got bored with just walking), then I would make breakfast. The rest of the day was, well, an adventure of different sorts.

It was our last day, and Kensi and I were just chilling on the couch in our sweats. We were watching none other than America's Next Top Model on the crappy old television when I suddenly stood up and turned off the program. 

"Kensi, I'm about to make a big long speech thing, so you are gonna have to sit there and be quiet and listen for a few minutes." 

"Okay Deeks." She laughed with an eye roll. 

"We've been through hell together. You've been kidnapped, we almost drowned, we were taken hostage at a Russian dinner party, blackmailed, got anthrax, you were almost killed by a creepy stalker, I was almost attacked when I almost made you, I almost drowned and then you "died", you came back, Renko showed up out of nowhere, and now this whole ordeal with the bomb. Somehow, we've made it through all of that. What all those near-death experiences have shown me, though, is how much I need you. How much I love you. When we first met, I honestly just wanted to get into your pants because you are seriously hot, but after spending time with you, all I want is you. I want your stupid jokes and funny laugh that goes along with it. I want your horrible junk food diet, your annoying taste in television shows and music, every badass quality that can scare the hell out of me but also turn me on at the same time. I want your extensive knowledge on random subjects, and I want the girl that would rather wear sweatpants and a t-shirt than heels and a dress. I live for our stupid chats when we're bored, the times we can't stand each other but end up coming back anyways, the rare moments when you open up to me, and the challenge you give me when you don't. God, Kens, I love you so damn much, and I always have. I seriously feel like the luckiest guy when we go out, not because you are, again, seriously hot, but just the fact that I know you and the other guys that stare at you don't. So Kensi, please just keep your mind open. I know these kind of things scare you, but I'm ready to take the next step..."

I pulled out a little velvet box out of my pocket and got down on one knee. Tears were already running down Kensi's face, but now her hands flew to her smiling mouth. I opened the box to reveal a simple, but beautiful diamond ring.

"...Will you take that step with me?" 

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

I do not own NCISLA