Chapter 55- Forms

Chapter 55- Forms

(Two weeks after Kensi's return)

"Where the hell are they?" Callen said, the concern in his voice starting to raise.

"Kensi isn't answering her phone, G." 

"Then call Deeks!" 

"Straight to voice mail." Eric sighed.

"Damn it, Kens. I told her not to get too close."

*^*

Kensi's POV

(Two weeks earlier)

My entire first day back was a big blur, but at the same time it was too long. I guess I was nervous. That afternoon I would have to go see my mom for the first time since I came back to life. I can't imagine how she must have felt...

We did get a case though. A huge supply of ammo from a storage bunker at Pendleton was stolen. Sam and Callen went to go check out the bunker and watch the security tapes while Deeks and I spoke with a few of the personnel on site at the early hour of the robbery. No leads turned up, so Eric and Nell are working their magic with traffic cams. Now, at almost 2am, we finally were able to break away from our work and get some sleep. 

"You ready, Fern?" Deeks asked as he zipped up his bag. 

"Yep." I said as I rolled my eyes. It killed me to say it, but I missed Deeks' playful pet names while I was in Seattle. I've never realized how much they brightened my day. 

"Ms. Blye, a word." Hetty called over from her desk. I swung my bag over my shoulder and looked at Deeks. He had a weird expression on his face. 

"What did you do?" I said sternly, but not before he had fast-walked past me and headed towards the door.

"Meet ya in the car, Kens!" 

As I approached Hetty's desk, I could only imagine what he got himself into. 

"It's good to see you back here, Ms. Blye." Hetty smiled. "I don't want to keep you from any sleep, but I just need you to fill out some forms." She slid a couple papers into my hands and sat back in her chair with an amused face.

"What are these?" I asked, unfolding the papers.

"Oh, just some forms regarding your inter-agency relationship with Mr. Deeks." 

I almost choked on the air.

"How did you-" 

"Mr. Deeks told me at your funeral, not that I already suspected something between you two. I do know everything that goes on in this workplace." 

"So you're not mad?" I blurted out.

"Mad? I was rooting for you two! But be warned. Relationships can make or break a partnership, not to mention the danger in the field of taking unnecessary risks for your partner. Just be smart. You and Mr. Deeks make great partners. Now go get some sleep."

"I, uh, thank you Hetty. Goodnight." I said and smiled uneasily. 

*^*

"What did she say?" Deeks asked when I slammed the passenger seat door.

"You're such an idiot." I laughed and groaned at the same time, and I shoved the forms in his hands. He skimmed over them and bit his lip.

"Oh yeah. These." 

"Yeah. Those."

"In my defense, you were 6 feet under when I told her." 

"You always figure out how to make things awkward with Hetty. That, or you totally screw up."