Chapter Ten [Pic of Kiara]

Naveah’s P.O.V

“Are you ready?” I nodded, whats the point in speaking when I aint gonna even be heard?

2 weeks since I decided that none of this was gonna get to me. How fucking naïve! I’ve completely shut off everyone and every emotion from my life. My new motto: Show No Emotion, Feel no pain. They’ve all been here, pleading to see me, but I just don’t see the point. All that fake smiling and shit, I aint got the time or energy for it. They’ll just have to get over it, it’s not like they expected me to just completely let them in after all these years that they don’t even know me. Yes they might know the biggest thing in my life but it still doesn’t mean that they have to know everything. Honestly all that bullshit about me growing and not letting this get me down is just words. At the end of the day, I have nothing. No home, no parents, nothing. I am now just another statistic, another teenager in care. The truth hurts, but I honestly don’t give a shit anymore, its time I just kept quiet and let fate finish me off.

Still in these dumb crutches, I can’t do shit by myself. Karen is just here bare smiling to me like I am in the mood for that shit. She’s been at the hospital to see me this past week, I don’t have a choice she has to see me. Comes in bare smiling, telling me everything’s going to be okay like shes the one in my situation. So here I am after being discharged from the hospital, being wheeled into a black aldi, going wherever I’m being taken.

2 weeks and no one knows how I am, because I just don’t want them to. I need to stop all that empowerment bullshit and face the facts. I’m done fighting it, I have honestly given up.

“Are you okay?” she asked again. Silence and a straight face, that’s all she ever gets from me. That’s all everyone is gonna get from me until I decide otherwise. I don’t want to say anything, I don’t want to think about anything in the past or talk about it because that’s when I’ll break down and that’s not happening. I’m putting up my wall and no one is ever gonna be strong or patient enough to even try to break it.

“So you’re just not gonna speak to anyone?” she asked with humour in her voice as I kept my gaze out the window. She laughed, slipping the driver a piece of paper probably with the address and he drove on. “Well, all your things are already at the home.” She smiled again as I just looked out the window. People just love to ask stupid questions kmt. If I haven't been speaking to you all this while what makes you think I'm gonna speak to you now.

We arrived at some house; she slipped the driver some money. She thanked him as I got out, not bothering to look around. What’s the point of getting used to where I am when I’m probably gonna be forced to move again. She got out of the cab, waving as it sped off into the distance. I stood with a straight not really looking at anything. She tapped me on my shoulder; I looked up to see her still smiling, straight face.

“Come.” I looked at her up and down; she turned around and carried on walking mumbling under her breath. I swear if I hadn’t decided to be silent, I would’ve cussed her there and then kmt. She knocked on the door and a short black, Jamaican looking woman opened the door. She screwed Karen and walked on into some office.

“Here she is.” Karen said turning around, her smile vanished, I stared straight ahead. “This is Precious; she’ll be looking after you for a while.”

“Shut ya clart, like mi can’t speak fi me self.” She kissed her teeth looking at Karen up and down with the dirtiest screw! Peak! I still managed to keep my straight face. Show no emotion, feel no pain right?

“Gyal.” She turned to me “Naveah?” she asked as I nodded.

“You nah wan fi speak?” she asked screwing up her face “All mi fi say is dat mi nar warn no junge ina mi house ya hear!” I just looked straight at her.

She laughed “The child nah no how fi chat,” her laugh died down “Mi a fi like ya already.” Good to know.

She got up walking out of the office, pushing Karen out of the way, Karen rolled her eyes. “Mi nah wan fi haffi dig out dem eyes fi ya!” she said still walking, I followed her as she walked up some stairs. We walked up to the hallway and I heard loud music, obviously blazing through speakers, OG Niki.

‘Get f*cked from the back screaming lalala,

I f”cked six man on the camera!

Don’t give a f*ck my mum knows

Why you telling her?!”

She banged on the door; a short Asian girl popped her head through the door. Wow! now I wasn’t expecting that, she looked so damn innocent.

“Wah me tell ya bout da foolishness u be playing!” she screwed the girl and she just laughed and turned around turning off the music.

“I’m Kiara,” she said smiling shyly. I looked at her, from her layered black hair to her black sweats and white vest top. She looked pretty yet with that cute swag, I would’ve have responded but right now I don’t feel to let anyone else into my life. I don’t have it in me to accept anymore disappointment, like I said I’m just gonna let fate finish me off and I don’t feel like dragging anyone else into that shit.

She just stood there waiting for a respond and then rolled her eyes.

“She nah warn talk” Precious replied rolling her eyes. She walked on and stopped at a door that was slightly open. She peeped through, probably checking if someone was in there.

“Duck out, mans busy!” I heard a deep voice shout

“Who u tink u fi chat to.” She stated calmly, silence. I heard shuffling sounds and then a head popped through. He looked at precious and then to me, as I stared at his dark eyes. I remembered them from somewhere? You know that feeling when you know you’ve seen someone before, but you just don’t know where. That’s what I was thinking right now. I didn’t recognize his face from anywhere, but his eyes, there was something about them. They had no color to them, just black. A feeling crawled up my spine as his deep voice spoke.

“Cool?” he nodded looking uneasy. I stared straight back, never losing eye contact, he realized I wasn’t gonna reply so he just shut the door.

Precious then walked on mumbling “Chupid disrespectful pickney” and then kissed her teeth. She opened a door gesturing for me to walk in. I walked in to find my boxes neatly placed on the floor beside the wardrobe. She closed the door and I listened as I heard her feet walking down the stairs. I waited a few minutes before signing and falling back on my bed.

I guess this is my new home, for now at least.

Sooo…..

Yeah, i dont really have a reason for the long wait this time, but i did have ANOTHER dance performance :D <That excuse is bout to get real old!

But anyways

Vote, Comment, Tweet, Like and Fan + Promote me PLEASE guys!! :D

Love Ya’ll <3 xx