Chapter 3

"Mum, I'm off" i walk to the door.

"No breakfast?" She asks with concern.

"I took an apple."

"Is that enough?" she asks again from the kitchen.

"Yes mum. Stop worrying please."

"Oh, i see there must be something urgent to do." I can imagine the smile she has on.

"Mum I'm leaving." I stress.

Maybe she's right.
I mean maybe, I want to get to know Thomas a little more. The keyword being little. Besides it's not that early, it's 8 am. I might as well beat Mia today.

*****

I walk through the door, causing the bell to chime.

Please tell me Mia isn't here.

"Hey Mel?" Great.

"What time do you get here?" I ask, losing it.

"If I tell you, I'll have to kill you." she says with an evil laugh for extra measure.

"You are unbelievable." I head towards the staff room.

"Going to see someone?"

What does she mean by that?

"No?" I more of ask.

"Uh huh." She crosses her arm obstructing me.

"Yes, uh huh. Move, I'm just going to wait in the staff room." I manage to push pass her.

"He isn't here yet."

Really? Wait, no.
I mean, ok sure whatever.
What is wrong with me?

"Who?" I try acting dumb.

"Oh please, Thomas of course."

"Yeah, sure whatever." I open the door and she's right, he isn't here. I thought she was trying to play a trick on me.

"Yeah, I wasn't playing a trick on you."

Is she a mind reader or something?

"Do you read minds?" I ask giving her a suspicious glance.

"Let's just say I know you... A lot."

"Thought so, do you want to walk around or something? This place is kind of empty."

"Sure." We exit the staff room heading for the door before a figure appears before us.

"Good morning girls."

"Good morning?" We more of ask.

"You two going somewhere?"

"We thought we could walk around or something before the rest arrive."

"Why don't you help me with a little something?" I dont think he really means something little. All bosses are kind of the same.

"Actually... "

"Great. " I knew he wouldn't take no for an answer. "Now, I need you two to head to the closest supermarket to buy these." He hands us a piece of paper with some money. "Now you have to be real quick or else the foods that need those ingredients won't be available and that would be a loss which would also affect your paycheck. No pressure." He smiles and leaves.

"He is pushing my buttons." Mia states fuming, while i laugh.

"Hey, atleast we've got something to do to keep ourselves busy."

"You always see things the good way, don't you?"

"It's the best way to see things. Let's find the closest supermarket before our paychecks get it." i grab her arm dragging her out of the restaurant.

*****

"We are so losing our paychecks!" Mia yells as we get closer to the restaurant with water dripping down her body and mine from the rain.

"I know." I yell back. We went to the closest supermarket and bought everything right on schedule but we got lost. I do not know how. We went through different routes but to no avail and worse, it started raining. Some time later, we remembered there were maps pasted in bus stops so we found one and here we are by 11 am.

"I can't believe you still had time to ruffle a dog's fur." She yells again to make sure I hear her.

"Don't blame me, it was cute."

"The owner was trying to find shelter. I practically had to carry you away."

" Still, I don't blame myself."

The bell chimes announcing our arrival. We head to Mr Simeon's office and knock, while praying.

"Come in." We hear him say across the room and we open the door. "You two are very late."

"In our defense, it was raining." Mia states innocently.

"You got lost didn't you?" He got that from it was raining?

"Kinda." we say in unison.

"Just hand the ingredients to Mr Bernard, the head chef- you should know him. It should not repeat itself.
Go dry yourself off or something and you two get the day off."

"Wicked!" Mia yells earning an intense glare from Mr Simeon.

"We'll just leave now." I smile sweetly, pulling Mia away with me.

We enter the staff room to find Thomas there.

"Woah! What happened?!"

"The rain?" Mia answers with a duh tone.

"Wasn't there any shelter? " he asks amused.

"We were too focused on finding our way back." I reply and he starts laughing.

"Hey!" I smack his arm "It's not funny."

"Awwnn are you mad?"

"Yes" I cross my arm.

"I'm sorry." he puts on the puppy dog face. Ugh not the face. I turn around holding myself together.

You can do this Dianna.

"Pretty please, forgive me." The fake baby voice rings in my ear.

"No." He turns me around still with the face, so i close my eyes. "Pweasee Dianna." Awwwwn that's it. I open my eyes meeting his puppy dog face so unconsciously, i squeeze his cheeks.

"You look like my cousin and he's too cute, I could squeeze the life out of his cheeks."

"Not to interrupt, I have to go but Thomas you might not feel your cheeks anymore." With that Mia leaves. I notice I'm still squeezing his cheeks and let go blushing a bit.

"So you think I'm cute?" He asks out of nowhere.

"No? I said my cousin is cute- he's 5 months. He has the feature of both my uncle and aunt... " I try changing the subject.

"Don't try to change the subject.
You, Dianna, think I, thomas, am cute." He smiles.

"Ok, ok yes. Happy now?"

"Yup I am." Just as he says that, some black haired girl with grayish blue eyes walks in, wearing clothes I don't think are appropriate for work.

"Hi, I'm Dianna." I greet when she stands in front of me.

"Great." She give a cheesy smile which is obviously fake. She sits on a sofa, putting on beats by dre headphones.

You could introduce yourself too you know?

I'm about to say something, but she talks again "Thomy, come over. You have got to hear this new song."

Thomy? What kind of name is that. Don't tell me its Thomas.

"Coming." He sits with her.

What the heck? Why would he answer 'Thomy'!?

"I'll just... Leave" I leave with only one question on my mind:

Are they... dating?

...♥♥♥♥♥
That's a picture of Bailey💫