Chapter 7

Yesterday, I and thomas goofed off as usual. I don't understand why he gets tensed up sometimes- from trapping me in a corner, to yelling and asking if we are friends.
It hurts for a reason I don't know.

"Ok, I'm getting worried. Mel!!" someone yells bringing me back to reality.

"Yeah?"

"Are you still thinking about it?"

"Kinda."

"Are you sure you can go on with this? We could look for another job." My eyes widen immediately.

"What? No. We're just friends so I'll get over it."

"I don't think so but if you say so."

"It's just a little crush."

"If that's how you feel." She shrugs. "Any more songs I might like?"

"You know it!" I yell pumping my fist in the air. Mia's not the type that has time to listen to songs on her own or download them, so I show her instead. "It's where ya at by Future and Drake. It is splendid!"

"You don't say." She places her elbows on her laps resting her chin.

"It is for me anyway. Don't know about you. If you don't like it, I'll show you another one."

"Ok." I search my phone. Yup I downloaded it and also the video. I think watching the video would be better.

After a few minutes, I finally find it and move closer to Mia.

" Sooo?" i ask her when it's done playing.

" It's okay." she shrugs

"Okay? Are you joking? It's awesome. I mean their voices and everything."

"This isn't even your jam or your kind of music."

"Yoga isn't yours." I argue.

"Well you can have a new one."

"Me too." I cross my arms.

"You like one of them, don't you?"

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"I mean." She clears her throat and starts talking with a squeaky voice. "Oh my gosh, he is so handsome, great, talented, fresh and did I mention good looking?!!"

"What, no!!"

"Sure. Which one is it: drake or future?"

"It's future. He also has a son and his son is so cutee." I squeal out of excitement.

"I don't think cute from you means anything much since even a worn out dress from the trash is cute."

"What?"

"In college, when you found some pink dress in someone's trash. I don't even know what you were looking for in a trash can."

"I told you; I was looking for my lucky pen."

"What made it so lucky?"

"It was red, had a selena gomez's picture on it and it was just too cu... Good in writing."

"Your pen writes on it's own?" She raises an eyebrow.

"There's nothing else to say okay!" I pout.

"Okay." She starts laughing. "You ready to go?" She takes her bag from the chair.

"Yeah." I go to the corner where i dropped my bag, putting my phone inside. I carry it over my shoulder but turn around mute when I see Thomas resting on the door frame chuckling. He looked breathtak... I mean, has he been here the whole time?

"Have you been here the whole time?" Mia turns around just noticing him too.

"Yeah." he stands straight. "Heard everything." He takes some steps forward

Everything? I gulp.

"What exactly did you hear?" I ask afraid of the answer.

Someone please tell me he didn't hear about the 'little crush' part pleaseeee.

"The future part till the end." I sigh heavily. Thank goodness. "Is there anything else I'm meant to know?" He starts moving forward, just like yesterday; the same place, the same pace and the same determined look on his face.

I can't go through this again if not I'm going to pass out from him being too close.

"No!" I raise my voice a little making him stop. "I mean Mia and I have to go now. I'll talk to you later." I move past him with my head low as Mia follows suit.

Thomas, please stop doing this to me.

THOMAS'S POV

I sit on a chair. I did it again. At least she said she'll talk to me later. I have to get over this and I know just who to call.

B:Thomy, i knew you'd call.

T: Yeah, are you free?

B: Totally, do you want to come over?

T: No but I thought you might want to hang out. We can go to the park?

T: Of course. Pick me up in 15 minutes. Bye Thomy.

This should keep my mind off of Dianna... I hope.

*****

"I'll go get some hot dogs. I'll be back so we can feed the ducks."

"Sure." She kisses my cheek and leaves. I sit on a bench and rest my hand on the hand before I feel something rough. I look at it closely; 'Melly+Blaky' was engraved on the bench. I thought people aren't meant to write on public property?

"Hey, I'm back." She hands me a hot dog and we keep walking. "Guess what?"

"What?"

"Guess."

"Uhh you found a new mall, dress music, vide..."

"Nevermind, you're a really bad guesser." I chuckle. "I'll tell you. Daddy's the new CEO of the company." She squeals jumping up and down.

"Wow, congratulations." Her dad is really dedicated to his job. He's been working there for more than 20 years now so him getting to be the boss must be a huge step for him.

"Thanks. We're throwing a party and all his co-workers or should I say employees, are allowed to bring family and friends with them. Could you escort me pleasee?" She bats her eyelashes.

"Yeah, sure." Ahould i invite dianna?

Wait... No!

"Yay! Thanks." She hugs me. "Let's go feed the ducks."

*****

"Finished!" We've been feeding the ducks for about 25 minutes and we've run out of bread.

"Wanna ride the swings?" She asks getting up.

"What? Are we kids?"

"Ok, young man. Do you think you're atleast young enough to push me in it?"

"Nope."

"Well, you are now." She grabs my arm, pulling me all the way while I groan playfully.

"I'm getting tired."

"What a man you are. I'll push myself." She smiles shaking her head.

I rest on one leg of the swing and feel something rough. I brush my hand over it, feeling it again before looking at it closely. Anna + Nick is written inside a love shape.

I shake my head at couples these days remembering the Melly + Blake one. I hope they are happy together wherever they are.

Bailey and I spend some more time together which helps me forget about Dianna for a while. I just need to forget her for a long time cause it would be best.

♥...