Chapter 20

Currently, Mia and I are in her living room with her mum and James' mum with about 5 huge magazines showing all sorts of designs for a wedding gown, decorations for the venue and all sorts of stuff. This is definitely going to take a whole lot of work.

Marissa, Mia's mum, walks into the living room with a huge contact book as she drops it on the coffee table. Some dust appear in the air making me wonder when last it was used.

Luann, James mum, has hers on the table also, so they can decide those whom they're going to invite.

"Honey, later on you and James would have to memorize some important people in each others family line. Though it can be saved for later, I advise you two to begin in earnest cause it definitely wont be easy." Marissa explains, as Mia pouts and I know this is already getting tiring. "You'll get through it." She adds with a smile, so as to motivate Mia, on seeing the look on her face.

"Shall we begin then?" Luann asks as she picks up one of the big magazines. "I think we should begin with the wedding dress; my husband knows a lot of fashion designers around to sew exactly whatever we find interesting, or anything extraordinary if we don't take a liking to any here." She finishes as we all clustered on the sofa where she is, so as to pick the perfect dress for Mia.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

It's been like six hours and it's now 4:00pm. I'm exhausted as I stretch, which makes my stiff bones crack with joy of being flexible again.

"Mel, you know you don't really have to stay right? If you're tired, you can leave." Mia says in concern as she glances at me. I smile at how much she cares before speaking up.

"Nope, I'm going to stay till 11pm if I have to; it's for you so I'm going to make sure it's perfect." I grin genuinely as her smile grew wider and before I knew it, her eyes were filled with tears.

Oh boy; I really can't stand it when she gets emotional.

"You're the greatest friend anyone could ask for, thanks a lot." I smile at her as I try to control my tear glands.

"You make it super easy to be a great friend."

"Oh come here." She says as she stands which makes me laugh. I also stand and we hug for a while. We finally pull away with smiles to find Luann and Marissa staring at us in admiration.

Right on cue, my phone rings and I pick it up. On the screen reads 'THOMAS' and for a second, my heart skips a beat. I suck in a deep breath.

"I'll be right back." I excuse myself as I make my way to the kitchen to pick the call.

"Hello?"

"Dianna?"

"Yeah, it's me. Is there a problem?" I ask somewhat surprised he called.

"Uh, no. I just wanted to check on you." I smile at his response. It's nice to know he cares and maybe, even if it's a little bit; misses me.

"Oh, thanks. I'm doing alright; helping Mia with wedding arrangements and trust me, it's stressful." I stress which makes him laugh.

"Before beauty comes pain; so I'm guessing it's going to be amazing."

"It has to be amazing." I state in determination as he chuckles.  I clear my throat since I can't believe what I'm about to ask. "So, how's Bailey?" I ask as there's a moment of silence which I'm guessing is out of shock. I have no idea why I even asked.

"Well, she's okay. It's really nice of you to ask."

"Yeah well, I don't have a problem with her so, yeah." I say awkwardly.

"Yeah, I guess. So when are you going to get back to work?" Okay, I actually never thought of that. Mia's wedding is not until one month and some weeks so I'm guessing...

"In about a month." I cringe at how long that sounds.

"Oh." he says flatly. "Well, have a blast in planning it; I'll definitely be missing you though." I smile as my heart swells.

He would miss me. Sigh!

"I'll try and I'll miss you too."

"Bye."

"Bye." He cuts the call as I stare at the screen for a while before heading back to the living room to continue planning; right now, my messed up love life would have to wait.

Sisters before Misters!

This chapter is shorter than usual; yes, I know and I apologize for that though. The next chapter is going to be witty, longer and definitely JUICY! 😍😍😍😘😘😘😋.
Keep reading tho...