chapter 23

The ceremony continues after refreshments were shared. It's currently time for the tossing of the bride's flower and garter as all the single ladies gather at the foot of the platform in anticipation.

Debbie and I standd a bit close to where the other ladies are, though we aren't ready to end our discussion- mostly Debbie, as she keeps teasing me after I updated her about what has been happening.

"Two guys! I'm so proud to call you my sister." She says smugly as I roll my eyes. "What?" She scoffs, "maybe I should switch lives with you so I can appreciate it."

"Debbie, you've got Damon remember?" I purse my lips as she grimaces. Something's definitely wrong.

"Yeah... We broke up." She says sheepishly as she rubs a spot behind her ear- a habit of hers whenever she's nervous.

I stare at her dumbfounded cause last I remember, they were really into each other. "What, how?!"

"I found out later I was only infatuated." She says as she laughs a bit; guilt written all over her face as I give her a pointed look.

"Really Debbie, you probably crushed the guys heart cause he really liked you."

"Yeah, I know I know. I'm such a loser." She sulks while biting her bottom lip.

I rub her shoulder in consolation as I tried cheering her up. "It's okay. It happens. Just make sure it doesn't happen again else you'll be tagged a playgirl" I cringe while saying the last part as she nods in response.

At that point, there's a loud noise which catches our attention as we look towards the stage. Ladies are struggling and pushing each other aiming to get the flower.

"Wow!" Debby states as her eyes held amusement.

"Tell me about it." I state in exasperation as we look at each other before laughing.

"Ouch." I whine as I rub my head from the impact of a hit. I instantly open my eyes and I look towards the direction of the object. "No way!" I mutter as I stare at the object on the floor before picking it up- Mia's bouquet!

There's a moment of silence as I look towards the other ladies noticing a few glares but more of surprised looks. Slowly, I shifted my gaze to Mia as she has a grin on her face while starting the clapping frenzy.

Instantly, Debbie nudges me with a giggle. I nudge her back as I fight a grin.

"Well I see we've gotten our next bride, eh?" she jokes as I mutter a 'shut up'. "Don't worry I'm not missing your wedding for anything in the world." She says as she winks at me.

I felt ecstatic... Or scared... Probably both cause I have no plans of getting married soon especially since I've not found 'my guy' yet.

I take the risk of looking towards the stage where Mia is looking at me with a smirk. I groan internally as I focus my attention back on Debby.

"Ohhh I'm soo excited. I can't wait to know the lucky guy." Debby squeals with a grin before gasping. "Maybe it's one of the hotties you're crushing on..."

"Debby! " I groan as she smiles sweetly. "Hush! Besides, it's just a superstitious belief so don't rely on it that much."

"Well, the chance of it being true is an eight out of ten. Soo..." she smirks suggestively as I roll my eyes.  I'm about to bring up a different topic when she interrupts again "Oh oh. It's time for the garter to be thrown. Guys..." she scoffs as we look at the guys in the room. Unlike the ladies, they are calm as they watch Jake who is waving the garter around. "They're so calm, probably most are already planning on getting married or don't plan on doing so." She remarks as we both chuckle though my mind wasn't totally present cause my eyes were fixed on a certain CEO tapping the table while on the phone looking a bit pissed.