Chapter 24

The event was over as Mia and I had said our bitter-sweet goodbyes so she would start her trip to Italy for her honeymoon- all the guests have started leaving.

Blake and I were talking and joking around till Dad showed up.

"Dad, this is Blake. Blake, my dad- Mr Bernard Amore." I introduce with a smile as they both scrutinize each other before their eyes widened a bit.

"Is there a problem?" I ask confused at their mirrored expression.

"No. None at all." Dad replies, his eyes fixed on Blake as they shake hands. "Nice to meet you." Dad says referring to Blake as Blake smiles a bit. "Dianna can you give us a minute?" Dad asks as he looks at me.

"Um sure... " I start walking away though not before looking at them one last time.

BLAKE'S POV

I know what's coming next. On seeing him, all doubts were cleared... Dianna is the Dianna I knew back in high school- my Melissa. I'm relieved and grateful that I've found her but I'm also sad and bothered cause I'm pretty sure that once she knows who I am, all ties between us will be cut immediately and I wouldn't blame her. A good hint is the fact that she still hasn't noticed it's me which probably means she has forgotten about me already; as depressing as it is, it's also a good thing... For now, that is...

"What are you doing here? If Dianna figures out its you, she's going to flip." He asks sharply, cutting straight to the chase.

"I know..." I reply running my hand through my hair. "You don't know how sorry I am for what I did. I hurt her badly and I can't justify that but I want to make it right, I really do... But I know she won't."

"Trust me Nick, I know you must be sorry and it might have been peer pressure but Dianna won't take it that easily. She trusted you, adored you, heck almost every statement she made back then included your name; winning her back would definitely not be easy. Besides, you better tell her soon before she finds out herself." He reasons as I nod.

"Thank you. I'd look for the perfect time to tell her."

"You better do, I miss your presence and our bro time... I'm feeling quite old now." He jokes.

"You're vibrant and still full of life." I joke as we laugh.

"I better get back so we can go home."

"Right. I'll say a goodbye to Dianna before I leave." I reply as he nods before stopping me.

"You'll be a perfect match for Dianna... Well, you and Thomas but you're still a good match."

"Thomas?" I ask both confused and concerned.

"Yes, a co-worker of hers. He's a cool guy but he's got a girlfriend so... " he answers as I nod again though I'm still quite concerned

We easily spot Dianna with her mum and Debby.

"There you guys are. Dad, don't tell me you've initiated him into your cool bros club?" She asks in amusement as we both chuckle.

If only she knows.

"There was no need for that." He looks at me as we understand what he means- I'd been initiated a long time ago.

"Okay..."

"So, I guess I should be going. It was indeed a splendid occasion. I'm glad I could attend it." I say as they smile.

"We're glad you could make it." Dianna's mum replies.

"Dianna, why don't you see him off?" Her dad suggests as she smiles.

"Sure."

We walk away from them as we head towards my car.

"So... It was quite amusing you caught the flower; planning on getting married soon?" I ask as she blushes immediately.

"Um, no. Haven't even found Mr. Right yet." She jokes as we get to the car.

"So I still have a chance to apply?" I ask as she chuckles.

"Sure, if you think you can win." She remarks smugly as all I feel like doing is kissing her but I don't want to scare her so I hold myself back.

"I'll give it my best shot then." I retort.

"Alright, Mr Hotshot." She says smugly.

"I should get going and your family's probably waiting for you."

"Oh, right. I kinda got carried away." She says sheepishly as I chuckle before taking her hand in mine and placing a gentle kiss on the back of her hand.

"Have a goodnight and of course, dream of me." I wink which makes her chuckle before I get into the car.

"Bye." She waves as I drive out of the parking space and ride down the road till I couldn't see her through the side mirror. After everything today, one thing is sure- I'm falling and I'm falling fast...

DIANNA'S POV

I keep staring even after his car is no longer in my line of view, with a small smile on my face. Though he said he's going to give trying to get me his best shot, I hardly think it's necessary cause he's already halfway there- I'll still have to play hard to get...

"Boo!" Someone half-yells close to my ear as I scream and jump in fear before shooting Debby a deadly glare.

"Don't do that!" I yell, my right hand over my chest while she laughs.

"That was classic! I had to get you out of your trance since we've been waiting for you."

"Oh, sorry about that." I apologize.

"Ehh, no need. Especially when you're in loovvveeee." She sings in my ear as I try not to blush.

"You've been watching a lot of romance movies lately."

"And you're living in one." She grins as she walks towards the car where mum and dad are waiting. I brush her comment aside(though it was a really nice comeback), not wanting to banter over my love life. All I want to do right now is curl up on my bed in my PJs while thinking of Mia and Blake before I fall asleep.

Done! This chapters shorter dan d rest nd I'm aware. Sorry 4 dat though. Keep reading cause things are about to get better😉