chapter 31

DIANNA'S POV

Days went by really fast and before I knew it, it was Friday; the day Debby's making me go with her to the party.

I really don't want to go.

But I'm going for Debby since she'll be leaving tomorrow. Honestly, I don't want her to leave just yet- she always tries her best to make me smile, laugh and be happy though I hardly show her how much I appreciate it.

I sigh, looking at myself in the mirror- my eyes are dull and my face isn't full of colour, I practically look sick.

I leave the bathroom not wanting to assess myself anymore.

"There's my model!" Debby yells on seeing me. She hands me the gown I'm going to wear while grinning. "I'm so excited." She squeals while I put on the dress.

"I wish I am." I mumble as she pouts.

"C'mon! Get rid of your bad vibes. Today's your last full day with me." She says with a nudge, though I'm not ready for it and almost fall. "Sorry." She says sweetly, pulling out the vanity chair.

"Why are you so excited?" I ask, furrowing my eyebrows as she shrugs in response.

About 20 minutes later, Debby's done with my makeup and hair and I look gorgeous- like I always do when she makes me up.

I have to wait about 30 minutes for her to get ready before we leave.

~~~~~~~

Huge! That's what the house is- elegant also.

Music blasts from inside the house and people are EVERYWHERE. I'm regretting saying yes even more.

"Make yourself comfortable- I need to find someone." Debby yells over the music, walking away while I stare at her in disbelief.

She's leaving me here by myself??

I sigh, looking around. Everyone has a mask on and seem like they are having a great time. I walk around in search of a kitchen till I finally find one. There are drinks on the table and various brands of wine in the cabinets so I choose one that's less alcoholic, sitting on one of the stools.

I drum on the tabletop wondering exactly what I can do while stuck here- I don't even know at least one person.

After gulping the last of my drink, I decide to give myself a tour albeit not knowing anyone here.

"Hello, gorgeous." I hear someone say. I turn around to find a guy with a blue and black mask staring at me.

Finding the situation awkward, I said a little hi while walking away.

"Hey, take it easy alright. I won't eat you or anything. I'm not even drunk." He says while holding my hand. I don't approve of him touching me but I force a smile trying to be polite and he let's me go, smiling too. "Wanna dance?"

"Uh, no. I'm not up for it." I reply honestly, my cheeks cramping up from the forced smile.

"C'mon, it'll be fun." He says, grabbing my waist as he pulls me closer to him. I gasp at the sudden gesture trying to break free but his grip gets even tighter. "Isn't this fun?" He says close to my ear, his breath giving me goosebumps; creepy goosebumps.

"What do you think you're doing?" I hear someone yell as the guy is ripped away from me. "Never touch her again! You get that?"

Blake... What's he doing here?

"Else what?" The red haired maniac asked with a smirk.

Within seconds, Blake punches him in the face and I think I hear something crack.

"Blake." I gasp, dragging him away by his hands as the other guy wipes away the blood while muttering things and walking away in anger.

"I'm sorry, I just... " He starts though I cut him off.

"Thank you." I say honestly, cause he saved me from the freak.

"You're welcome." He says, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly.

I nod about to walk away; I'm thankful he saved me but I'm definitely still mad at him.

"Dianna wait... " He runs up to me while holding my hand. I look down at our hands and a feeling I'm accustomed to washes over me. Trailing my eyes over our hands, he removes his hand.

"Blake look. I really can't do this okay; I have to go. Coming here was a bad Idea." I say walking away. He trailed behind me as we exit the house.

"I didn't mean to hurt you, Dianna. I never did- they threatened me- Chloe and the rest, with Marianne. They said they'd bully her too if I didn't join them." He says still following me as I cross the road.

I stop on hearing what he just said. I open my mouth but close it, before trying again with a sigh. "You have to give me time... " I start saying while turning around. "No!" I yell, but it was too late. In split seconds, as he was about to cross the road, the pedestrian walking sign changed and a black Mercedes charged towards him.

His body lay limp on the floor. "God, no." I run towards him, my heart beating erratically as I raise his head. "Blake, Blake please talk to me. Blake!!" I yell as tears well up in my eyes.

"I- I'm s- sorry." He manages to say, before his eyes close.

"My God, this cannot be happening!" I yell frantically as the tears fell freely. "You can't leave... " I whisper to myself, searching his face. Engulfed in the moment, I don't notice the driver of the Mercedes park and walk up to me.

"Miss, I'm really sorry but I think it's best we get him to a hospital now." He says as I nod not looking away from Blake's face.

Please let him be okay...

~~~~~~

The doctor told us he'd been hit badly and it'd take months before he'd fully heal but he wasn't going to die and that made things a lot better.

The guy who hit him apologized and payed half the bill before getting on with his life and I was thankful he had a heart.

I watch Blake's lifeless face as the only thing I can think of is how it's my fault he's like this. If I had forgiven him...

I'm cut off my train of thoughts as my phone rings. I wipe away the stray tears that had fallen while clearing my throat.

"Hello." I answer.

"Dianna! Where are you? I've been searching everywhere for you? Are you okay? Dianna... " she calls again noting my silence as I begin to sob again. "Dianna, are you okay? Where are you?" she asks, worry lacing her tone.

"A hospital"

"Are you sick? Did something happen? Talk to me." She replies frantically as I hear the music in the background start to fade.

"Blake got hit by a car."

I'm sure no one expected that😂😂😂😅😁.
I felt it makes it much more fun😉😉.
1 chapter left.

Finding Mr Right ✔️जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें