chapter 21

Well, I don't really know how wedding planning goes so I thought- why don't I cut to the chase? And that's exactly what I did. For those who don't think it's a good idea, I'm really sorry to burst your bubble; bear with me😘😘😘.

¤¤¤¤THE WEDDING DAY¤¤¤

I really couldn't believe it; Mia's getting married today, she's leaving today, she's- oh my God. I'm going to miss her a whole lot.

"You look amazing." I compliment as the makeup artist finishes and Mia looks at me. She bats her eyelashes as she smiles.

"Do I?" She asks as she puts on a seductive look which makes me laugh.

"You've seemed to forget I'm not James, haven't you?" I ask with a chuckle, as I sit on her bed. We're all getting ready for the wedding which would begin in about two and a half hours. Trust me the wedding planning was as stressful as hell, but it was worth it cause everything (the dress, church, reception venue/hotel, decorations, buffet service and caterers) we got are amazing so I believe today would be a blast.

"When are you getting dressed yourself?" She asks after she had managed to stop laughing, which I shrug to.

"Don't feel like it yet." I reply as I lay on the bed.

"Last minute, huh?" she asks which I shrug to again. Honestly, I wish we could have an extra one week to spend together but then again, that'd be kinda useless since today would surely still come. I don't want to tell her though; I don't need her crying and messing up her makeup cause the lady really worked her hardest and it's stunning.

¤¤¤¤¤¤

Okay, right now I'm regretting choosing to start preparing late cause I'm the major setback right.

"Dianna!" Mum calls as I hear the hard clicking of heels on the marble floor before my door flies open to reveal my somewhat angry mum. "We're all waiting for you!"

"I know, I know. I'm really, really sorry." I apologize as I quickly slip on my heels, carry my hand bag and the bag where I had my slippers for when my feet start aching. I look around frantically to make sure I'm not forgetting anything before looking at myself in the mirror with I smile at how i look. "Done." I say as mum leaves the room with me behind her after I turn off the lights and shut the door.

Phew!

"It's about time you got here." Marissa says as I close the front door. There are three cars waiting on the porch beautifully decorated in blue and black which is the colour code for the occasion.

"Sorry." I apologize as I put on an apologetic smile before getting into the second car where the other three brides maids are. It's quite a pity I'm really familiar with them since they are Mia's cousins, but I've heard a lot of stories about them because of how close they were to Mia when they were kids.

The first car or more specifically, Jeep is where Mia is; while the third is filled with mum, James' and Mia's mum. I'm sure they're gushing about the wedding cause they've been all bubbly throughout this week.

I'm the chief bridesmaid which is expected since we have been speaking about it almost every year after grade.

The ride to the church is quiet, as the only sound heard is from the radio. My thoughts go back to Blake as it has been doing a lot recently and I definitely can't say I'm not attracted to him cause that would be a total lie. I'm sure if he would attend the wedding neither am I sure Thomas would; but it's likely that if Thomas does, he'd definitely bring Bailey along which would make things really awkward and I want today to be an awkward-free day.