Chapter 26

I groan and roll on the bed as I hear knocks on my door.

"Who's that?" I asks a bit irritated as the knocking becomes louder.

"Finally! Are you some hibernating bear?" Debby asks in astonishment as she pops her head in through a small crack. "Oh... You were up all night weren't ya?" She asks with a wicked gleam in her eyes.

"Shut up, Debby." I command, throwing a pillow at her which doesn't even go halfway as she laughed at my weak attempt.

"Leave me alone." I whine burying my face in my pillow, needing more sleep cause she's right- I spent half of the night in wonderland.

Don't judge me!

"Okay, okay. I just came to let you know that Blake's here... But I can tell him to leave... "

"I don't believe ya." I say shoving my face back in the pillow though all I want to do is run downstairs.

"Fine, whatever. I'll tell him you don't want to see him." She teases as I glare at her.

"He's not here, is he?"

"Come take a look for yourself" she smirks

Grudgingly, I get up while trudging towards the staircase "Debby if he isn't here I promise you..." I stop halfway not seeing him anywhere. I turn around to find Debby laying cozily on my bed

"what? You've got work today and that was the best way to wake you" she grins while I roll my eyes

"whatever" I reply, getting into the shower.

~~~~~~~~

I walk into the restaurant, heading for the SR but stop as the door is halfway open and Thomas and Bailey are having an intense conversation; Thomas backing me and Bailey facing me.

"So you're taking their side?" she asks, frowning as Thomas sighs.

"I'm not taking sides Bailey, I'm just saying you were actually rude to Debby yesterday."

"Really, cause it's seems like you prefer them to me." She folds her arms.

"Bailey... " He starts but she cuts him off.

"... And I've been sensing something lately- do you have a thing for Dianna?" At that question, my breath hitches and it's obvious Thomas has been caught off guard too. "See, I knew it." she drops her hands as my heart beats faster.

"No, no I don't." He says quickly, as my heart sinks and I bite my lower lip to keep myself together. "We're just friends that's what we've always been; nothing more, nothing less." It stings- his words... So all those times I thought he felt something.

"That means anytime, anywhere you'd prefer me right?" She asks with a smile as Thomas nods.

"Yes, anytime." He replies. That's it... I can't hold it anymore. At that moment, Bailey looks at me with a smirk.

She knew I was here... What a b*t*h!!!

Thomas turned around, probably wondering who Bailey is looking at. Once he sees me, his eyes widened as they are filled with pity.

I run... Not wanting to know what else is swimming in his eyes- those beautiful eyes of his that once looked at me like I'm a gem; I guess it was just me.

I knew he has a girlfriend and probably would always love Bailey more but to hear him say he never felt anything, it's more painful than I could imagine which is why I can't hold them back- the tears that are spilling from my eyes as I sit on a bench a bit far from the restaurant.