Chapter 8

I arrive at work by 8:45am. A little bit later than i used to, but still early and I arrive alone so I'm the only one in the SR. I plug in my earphones while laying on the sofa but with time, i drifted off.

I burry my face in the sofa feeling someone beside me "Mia this sofa is too small." I whine and hear someone chuckle.

"It's not Mia." That voice...

"Thomas?!" I yell quickly siting up causing the earpiece to rip off my ear.

"Wow, loud." He covere his ears.

"Sorry. I was surprised what are you doing here."

"I wanted to know the song you're listening to." He removes the earpiece from his ear.

"How long have I been sleeping?"

"Don't worry. It's only been 10 minutes since I came in." He checks his watch. "It's 8:59am."

"You weren't going to wake me up?"

"Nah, you looked too cute and peaceful... Like an angel." He just called me cute and an angel?

Get a hold of yourself Dianna.

I hear him curse under his breath as he stands, giving me room to stand too.

"Oh."

Oh. Really? Is that all you always have to say?

I ignore the voice in my head and put on my apron. Pinning my badge, I put my phone inside my bag.

"I'll be going." I tell him as I head out to start today's shift.

"Yeah, I'll be there." I hear him reply.

*****

"Hey rookie." Mia yells as she enters the SR.

"Keep your voice down, would you?" I shun, a little bit startled making her chuckle.

"Are you doing anything bad?" She asks sitting on one of the chairs

"No?" I more of ask. If thinking is bad, then yes, I am doing something horrible.

"Oh no, you're thinking again aren't you?"

"Yeah." I groan, cover my face with my hands.

"What happened now?"

"He called me cute and an angel."

"What?" She asks confused that I would think of something like that "Mel, people call people cute and angels because angels are cute. Everyone is cute... Wait. No, some are cute and some are fine some are bot..."

"I get it!" I stop her before she continues and never stops. "You're being really cool about this. I don't get it." i look at her, confused.

"Trust me it hurts me more than you think. I thought you could finally date someone and be happy but you can't because you don't want to destroy his relationship and I totally respect that." She scoots closer. "Which is why I'm going to help you in anyway to forget about your little crush on him." She gives me a small smile.

"Thank you." I attack her with a big hug as a tear rolls down my cheek. I'm sure I'm being emotional but that's not the issue right now. "You're the bestest best friend ever."

"I don't think that's a thing Mel." She laughs.

"You're special so you get it first."

"You are just too good with words." She hugs me tighter.

"Sorry to interrupt." Thomas walks in and we pull away he walks closer. "Are you crying?"

"N-no" I clean my eyes.

"I think you are." He comes closer examining my face. "What happened?"

"Mia said something sweet that's all." I smile a little.

"You sure?" He asks not fully convinced.

"Yeah" I nod.

He uses the pad of his thumb to brush away the stain of a dry tear under my right eye making me shiver a little. "You know if you need anything you can come to me, right?" He asks his breath fanning me a little.

"Yeah, thanks." Without thinking, I hug him. He stiffens at first but wraps his arm around me, making sparks travel through my body before we pull away.

"No problem." He smiles as I walk away with Mia.

"You'll be fine Mel, you'll be fine." Mia whispers making me smile and hang my arm around her shoulder.

*****

"Honey."

"Hey mum." She kisses my cheek.

"How was work today?"

"As good as always." I take a bottle of water.

"So I can't know about work too?"

No freaking way!

"Dad!" I yell turning around and jumping on him as he held me tight

"Take it easy. You don't want your old man falling down, do you now?" Dad isn't like other businessmen. He has the enthusiasm of a teenager, that I often wonder how he copes with being a businessman.

"Dad, we've told you a lot of times- you are not old."

"You three just keep telling me that so I don't feel bad." He pouts.

"Honey, you're still the same handsome, enthusiastic man I knew in college." Mum goes over to him kissing his cheek.

"Is that all I get?" He asks with a brow raised and mum laughs about to kiss him.

"Woah, woah. Not when I'm here alright." I interrupt, making them laugh.

"Oh, please. You would have done the same with you know who." He wiggles his brows.

"Dad, it's been years and we're no more friends. He chose his stupid path and I can't even remember his name anymore or even how he looks." I reply getting angry.

"I know. It's so unfortunate you know, he was a real bro."

"Dad." I stress. "I'll be upstairs."

"Wait! We're going to a party on friday."

"Party? Why?" I whine. It's not that I hate parties but dad and his friends might have planned it so I could meet his son or something. He's somehow like Mia and mum, but not as bad.

"It's not what you think. It's a work party."

"A work party?" Mum and I whine in unison.

"I think I should explain everything first." Dad states getting tired of us whining.

"One of our co-workers has been handed the company and he's throwing a party. All friends and families of  co-workers are allowed and I'm bringing you two."

"Am I free to bring Mia and James?" ... And thomas! Wait, no. I'll use this as a break from him.

"Yes, you are."

"Yeah!" I pump my fist in the air gaining questioning looks from them. "Been hanging out with Mia a lot. I'll go give them a call." I run up the stairs. "You're free to do what you wanted to." I yell halfway up, earning chuckles from them. I laugh while going to my room.

Who do you think "he" is?
Also, hurray her dad is back.
Keep reading, I've got some wicked tricks under my sleeves♥...

Merry Christmas everyone and a lovely new year I'm soo excited and also cold *shiver* lol anyways it doesn't matter the place you are or who you're with enjoy the holidays and live life to the fullest and don't forget let Christ into those beautiful hearts.

With love, peace, everything holy and snow,

Chimyxoxo♥♥♥