Dimitri Lupus

~Dimitri Lupus~

Maria was awoken by her mother, to anyone watching it would have seemed like a warm and loving gesture but Maria knew better she could her mothers acrylic nails digging into her upper arm as she shook her just that little bit too rough.

"Maria sweetie wake up. Your alarm didn't go off so now you're going to have to fit your morning singing practice in with your dressing. Wear those new shoes I got you."

"I'm awake" Maria spat "and I will okay" she ground out gritting her teeth as she opened her eyes letting her mother's ditsy expression followed by strong perfume enter her senses.

"Good" her mother cooed gently before getting up and attempting to leave the room gracefully only to end up stumbling and Maria knew why, her mother no doubt was already half way through a bottle of chardonnay. Maria growled to herself in irritation the second the door closed behind her mother disentangling herself from the crisp covers she stormed to her wardrobe too frustrated to notice the chill that had entered her room despite the fact that she knew all the heaters would be turned up. She tore through her cupboards tears of frustration burning behind her eyes as she pulled a cream knitted pullover and a pair of black suede jeans and a pair of long black boots the new shoes her mother had referred to.

"Who do you think you are, running around leaving scars" she started to sing loud enough in hopes that her parents downstairs would be able to hear her, heading to the bathroom she stared at her reflection in dismay knowing full well if she didn't at least try to fix her sleep deprived state her mother would jst send her back to continue working towards complete and utter perfection.

"You're going to catch a cold from the ice inside your soul." Maria combed through her hair with a sense of brutality detangiling the messy birds nest from the top of her head so that it fell down her back in a frizzy heap sighing she wet her hands and ran it through her hair until it looked acceptable knowing full well it would return to it's messy state when it dried. Applying her make up evenly to hide anything considered inconvenient she finally finished on her appearance and set off out to her room where she scooped her books up in their bundles and placed them in her bag and folder.

Maria took off down the stairs slowly and cautiously trying not to fidget under her parents harsh and valuating stares.

"You can leave" her father said after a long silence from the both of them.

"See you after school" Maria murmured in apprehension not meeting either of their eyes before she left the building

"Four PM sharp" the red faced man barked before the door swung to a close leaving Maria in the hands of the bitter morning cold that was taunting her from the doorstep biting at her bare fingers and nose turning them red in an instant. Her breath turning to mist in front of her eyes Maria stepped down from the shelter the front doorstep was supplying and found herself hurrying away from the looming mansion and towards the canopy or trees that were up ahead.

Fog swirling around her feet, Maria crunched unsteadily along the unclear dirt path to the school her balance wavering every now and then as she dodged fallen branches. A rustle from a nearby bush caught her attention immediately and she felt her heart spike in fear as it occurred to her just what she had seen in the forest yesterday, heart hammering in her chest she stared at the rustling leaves in front of her only to have a small white furry animal rush from the bushes and shoot across the path in front of her not pausing to look at the terrified teenager once.

Maria stared for a moment before a giggle rose to her lips at her own stupidity.

Not a wolf, she sighed in relief