Pup

~Pup~

Dimitri dashed for Maria before she had a chance to leave the room.

"I don't know what you're talking about" he insisted grabbing her hand and pulling her back despite her protests.

"Liar" she spat at me glaring viciously as if he'd drowned a puppy. Swallowing hard he fought against his wolf who even though had fallen on his knees for the young girl couldn't handle being disrespected.

"He paid you, he pays everyone and now you'll go running to him and everything will be blown out of proportion, I can see the headline now Jones' Daughter has Affair With Latin Teacher"  Maria spat fiercely her anger at her idiocy building by the second.

"Jones? As in Heath Jones'?" he asked slowly a look of realisation crossing his face "he did offer me money, I rejected."

Maria scoffed in disbelief her irritation for the teacher growing "nobody rejects my father"

"Believe it or not Maria Jones, I can and I did" Maria felt her heart stutter in her chest as he spoke her name, his eyes held nothing but the truth but a well trained part of her simply made her believe he was still lying. Wrenching herself away from him she pinned the Latin teacher with her coldest glare that seemed enhanced by her eyes before she yanked the door with fumbling fingers and stormed out of the hallway not leaving any room for a single word to be spoken about her or her father's bribery. Pushing her way into the girls bathroom she stared at the running water of the tap angrily as she gripped the edge of the vanity and stared up at her reflection her blue eyes were watery and her cheeks were stained a faded black from running mascara, growling to herself she splashed the water over her face and wiped any evidence of crying away.

"Crying is a weakness Maria, never show it, it is a guilty pleasure that we can do in our own time not in the presence of others" one of Maria's grandmothers 'life' lessons ran through her head making her sigh.

"The picture of perfection Maria, is what you must be" she spoke to herself irritably as the bell signalling the end of lunch rang through her ears painfully. Dread filled Maria as she realised just what she had next.

Latin

"Of all the things" she cursed slamming her hand down on the vanity top. Maria sighed, if she were any other girl at this school she would have just hidden in the bathrooms instead of toying with the idea of facing the teacher she had just been cosing up to but she wasn't some other girl and it would be noticed if she didn't attend class.

Gathering her strength as if she were a knight preparing for battle she raised her chin into the air and squared her shoulders taking a few deep breathes she strode from the bathroom with a facade even the toughest man on the planet wouldn't be able to crack.

"Miss Jones isn't it? You're late" Dimitri drawled to the Maria who had a stony, nonchalant expression on her face despite the fact that her hands were trembling against the baby pink folder she was clutching so hard her knuckles were white.

"Y-yes sir, sorry" she said her voice strong but he picked up the slight falter behind her words and wanted nothing more than to dismiss the class and soothe her. He sensed her fear and it made him uneasy.

"Well, take your seat" he nodded towards the wide eyed students that consisted of girls pulling their shirts down so not much was left to the imagination and boys that glared at him as if he'd just grabbed their girlfriend and done it with them in front of the entire class.

Maria slunk to the her seat in the back of the classroom and sunk low wishing the floor would open up and swallow her whole.

"Okay class, I'd like to see how far along you all  with your Latin, we'll start with Maisey?" Maria's heart stopped pounding against her chest as Maisey stumbled over her introduction.