Home

~Home~

Maria cried out as Dimitri dragged her into the woods, his movements didn't falter, instead his large hand tightened around her skinny wrist pulling her with more urgency through the trees. Maria stumbled and struggled to keep up with Dimitri's fast pace, branches whipped at her bare legs, Maria's lungs burned with strain.

"Dimitri! Stop!" she cried, pulling herself out of his grip, falling over her own feet she fell to her knees, wrapping her arms around herself she stared up at Dimitri with watery eyes "I don't understand. What's going on?" She stared in his general direction, unable to see much of anything due the darkness that shrouded the entire town.

"I know my little treasure I know." he bent to her level staring her in the eyes, she searched his desperately for a "I promise I will explain everything soon" she watched nervously as he reached forwards and brushed stray hairs from her face, the warmth of his fingers only coming into contact with her skin briefly. Maria's skin prickled in fear at the sound of wolves howling somewhere behind them, and for a moment her thoughts flicked to the wolf by her house. 

"Maria, we have to go, now!" 

"I can't keep up" Maria hissed, still painfully aware of just how sore she was. Dimitri's gaze flickered from her to past her head, she noticed the way his jaw clenched and his eyes widening slightly, something she was sure was a sign of panic. He lunged towards her and Maria let out an involuntary gasp that seemed to tear it's way up her throat. She stilled as Dimitri scooped her into his arms, and she became away of the tingles running through her legs where his fingers were pressed firmly into her thighs. Maria clung tightly to Dimitri, he carried her as if she was no heavier than a small animal and she couldn't help but notice that his pace seemed twice as fast now, than it had been five minutes ago. 

The trembling of Maria's  began to lessen as she tuned into the sound of Dimitri's heartbeat, thumping steadily against his chest. He own breathing evened out and her panic lessened despite the fact they were still running through the forest. Maria's eyes drifted to the sky, her eyes catching glimpses of the stars through the canopy, a weary smile crossing her face as she blinked tiredly, struggling to keep her eyes open. A sharp pain exploded on her cheek and she gasped in surprise, eyes springing open to seek danger. 

"Sorry Maria, you have to stay awake" Maria said nothing she simply stared up at her teacher with an open curiosity as a thousand questions swirled through her brain, muddling together to form a giant confusing mess within her mind. How on earth had any of this happened? "We're almost at your door Maria" I twisted my head to see that the back of my house was coming into view. 

"Let me down" Maria uttered quietly as Dimitri stopped at the front door, he released her, gently placing her bloodied feet on the cobblestone, Maria raised her knuckles to the door and tapped lightly, the door opened after a few moments revealing a frazzled Rose and a small blond boy in her arms. 

"Maria! Thank god!" she cried lunging forwards and embracing Maria who winced in pain as the girl squeezed her tightly, she was very much aware of Dimitri's presence behind her, his heat rolling off him in waves and into her back. Rose ushered the pair of them inside, she turned her focus away from Maria and towards Dimitri, allowing Maria a chance to breathe. She stood just inside the doorway staring down at her shaking hands willing them to stop.

"Maria?" his voice pulled her back into the real world, swinging her gaze upwards she met his eyes and could have sworn she saw worry embedded in them. 

"Mh" she grunted after several moments 

"You okay?"

Maria wanted to explode, of course she wasn't okay! She had been chained up in her underwear all day! She paused her thoughts returning to Dimitri who had been chained and tortured and then carried her through the forest.