Sweet Girl

Sweet Girl

Maria padded down the hallway in nothing but her underwear and a skimpy singlet her fingers shaking uncontrollably causing the cuffs around her wrists to clash together, the man behind her dug the cool metal of the gun into her back causing a sob to break its way from her throat.

"Shut up! Keep walking" he growled in her ear shoving her forwards so she would have to continue down the dark and damp hallway. Maria thought of Rosie, alone in the mansion with her son waiting for her to come home and her worry when it begins to grow dark outside. The brute of a man pushed past Maria and unlocked a heavy wooden door before throwing her into the room.

"Why are you doing this?" Maria cried tears brimming her eyes

"Because you belong to him" he spoke harshly gripping her chin "which isn't your fault but that doesn't really matter. He needs to die, and for him to die you have to die" he threw Maria away from him as if she was diseased

"I don't understand, what has my father ever done to you"

"Sweet girl" the man spoke softly kneeling in front of her clasping her ankles and locking chains around them "it's not your father we're after. It's Dimitri Lupus." Maria frowned as the man stood and walked out locking the door behind him. What did Dimitri have to do with anything? Maria tugged at the chains that were bolted to the wall hopelessly. What was she going to do?

Dimitri stood in Maria's empty room in a panic, he had spent the entire day searching and had come up with nothing, anger boiled in his chest as he picked up a discarded cardigan on her bed and held it to his nose he sweet scent filling his nose. The sound of a crying child nearby had him fleeing from the room, shifting back into his wolf he was unable to control the sense of rage over coming him as he went back to the road where he found her blood, instantly stiffening when he sensed another presence in the area, shifting back he stood tall and stared at the figure before him that was most definitely not his blue eyed beauty.

In a flash Dimitri was before the man wrapping his large hands around his throat "what did you do with her!" he chuckled softly despite the odd colour his face was turning.

"Really? After all this time you still haven't figured out who has your precious Maria, she is quite the girl by the way. You definitely don't deserve her Lupus" Dimitri let out an angered growl and threw him to the ground where he began to howl with laughter. "You're too late Alpha!  She'll be damaged beyond repair by now" Dimitri let out a furious snarl and shifted back into his wolf barely even deciphering the change as he began to run through the forest.

Maria continued to pull at her chains which had rubbed against her skin so much in the past several hours that she was bleeding. She screamed in frustration and aimed a kick at the wall momentarily forgetting about her dirty bare feet, swearing under her breath Maria fell to a heap on the floor and cradled her toes.

"Let me out" she screamed at the top of her lungs hair falling around her face "he's not coming! Let me out!"

The door was pushed open with such force that it bounced off the wall, a burly man covered in scars sneered down at her "if I hear one more word out of you, Lupus won't get the pleasure of seeing you alive again, instead I'll feed him your heart now shut up!" he screamed before slamming the door closed again. Maria sighed and let her body slide to the floor stretching as much as she could in her restraints as she began to think of her Latin teacher and wonder why he was so important to these criminals. Her stomach rumbled with hunger and shivered with cold as the night winter air blew through a window near the ceiling which she had attempted for what seemed like hours to reach.

Curling into a ball Maria thought of all the people in her life, her heart giving a painful twang when she realised just how few she knew and even less of those she cared for. If she was going to be killed all that would be in the headlines is "Heath Jones' 18 year old daughter, brutally murdered." Her mother would cry at her funeral, not because of her death, but because of the lack of people that had decided to present themselves.

The door opened once again pulling Maria from her thoughts, the same man who kidnapped her stood before her a wide smile of his face "I have a present for you my sweet" he spoke gruffly removing the chains from her ankles and once again wielding the all too familiar gun.

"You're taking me home" Maria spoke sarcastically knowing that it was the last gift this man was giving her,

"Naive girl, I told you he'd come, I want you to see your man in all his glory."

"My man?" Maria questioned as a metal door was slid open and she was tossed inside, loosing her footing and without her hands to balance herself Maria fell to her knees scraping the skin from them. Maria shifted causing the cuffs to glint in the light bulb that barely lit the room.

"What a reunion" the man chuckled behind her causing her head to snap upwards where she saw Dimitri chained upright, connected to some sort of machine and bleeding heavily.

"You're alive" Dimitri breathed out, his muscles tensing as he tried to pull out of his shackles.

"Yes" Maria spoke cautiously, climbing to her feet, in the dim lighting she could make out her dirty pale legs and the blood that ran from her ankles to her toes "I don't understand whats going on"

"I can't explain it to you right now" Dimitri hissed wincing in pain.

"Oh - Ohh" the man chuckled "she doesn't know" he spoke in realisation "this is absolutely brilliant" he cackled

"Don't you dare" Dimitri growled angrily as the man headed over to the machine on the workbench and twisting to dial the sound of electricity crackled through the air. Maria watched wide eyed as Dimitri's body arched away from the wall he was chained to his face contorting in pain before he opened his eyes and met hers with a brilliant yellow colour, he opened his mouth revealing long canines and let out a long low howl, and something told her it wasn't because he was being electrocuted. Terror coursing through her veins, Maria looked around the room wildly, knowing that she would die if she stayed here a moment longer, spotting a rifle in the corner of the room she raced over to it and clutched it in her hands like a bat before advancing on the man. He turned just in time to see Maria swinging the rifle towards his head, the wooden handle let out a low crunch as it broke over his head and the man crumpled to the ground in a heap.

Maria turned the knobs on the machine to zero and the room was filled with silence.

"Maria, unlock me" Dimitri spoke urgently, her eyes snapped to him in fright

"But y-you"

"It was a trick of the light! I'm not going to hurt you, but if we don't get out of here now they'll kill us, they make me watch you- please" he growled. Maria pulled a single key of the unconscious man and advanced towards Dimitri releasing one of his wrists from the shackles before giving him the key and taking several steps back.

Now free Dimitri advanced towards Maria causing her to wince and flinch back, "easy" Dimitri spoke softly grasping her tender wrists and snapping the cuffs off as if they were made of butter.

"Lets go" he whispered softly his fingers lingering around her bruised wrists for a few seconds longer before her released her and slammed the door open, Maria close at his heels.