Bodies

~Bodies~

"Goodbye" Maria muttered at the doorway as she shoved the parka into Dimitri's hands.

"Do you have a ride back your house?" he questioned gripping the parka so tightly his knuckles turned white.

"Yes, my car is parked around the corner, I miscalculated how far away you lived" Maria lied, shifting her weight uneasily "I really have to go, I can't be late for dinner" Maria turned on her heel and swung the front door open.

"See you in class tomorrow" Dimitri said softly as the door closed behind her, he lifted the parka and pressed it to his nose allowing her faint scent to enter his senses.Before sprinting through the house, bolting through the back door and climbing on top of the house roof to watch her.

Maria trembled her breath forming white clouds in front of her face as she  shuffled home, her nose had turned pink and her fingers were shaking around the straps of her bag as the cold surrounded her. Speeding up her pace, Maria shivered nervously glancing up at the dark sky. She hated walking through the forest at night, it was eerie and much more terrifying than usual, she could only pray that the wolf wasn't there. Hunching over, Maria attempted to make herself look smaller as she passed through downtown. Flinching at every sound that emerged from the pubs she passed Maria forced herself to move as quickly and inconspicuously as possible.

"Hey girlie" a man leered stumbling in her direction closely followed by two others.

"Damn it" Maria cursed under her breath as she ran out of time to attempt to evade them.

"What is a little thing like you doing out this late?" Maria winced leaning back from the stench of alcohol that was now filling her senses due to their close proximity.

"Going home, what's it to you?" Maria snapped hoping she sounded at least slightly intimidating

"Ooh feisty" he cooed reaching up and running his soiled hand down her face "I like it" he growled releasing the beer bottle. Maria watched almost fascinated at the bottle twisted in the air spraying it's contents across the road before shattering on the wall across the street. Reaching forwards he gripped Maria's hair and pulled it loose from his pony tail gripping her skull painfully he threw her to the ground causing pain to shoot through her side, Maria gasped for air as she rolled onto her back and stared up at the three men surrounding her.

"What's it to you she says" on of the mocked kneeling beside her and pinning her arms to the pavement "it's everything to us sweetness. We are going to have so much fun"

"No!" Maria screamed kicking her legs frantically "let go of me"

Dimitri bolted along the ridges of the house towards Maria's screams a horrendous growl tearing through his chest, he could smell her fear and it was angering his and causing his wolf to break to the surface. If he was thinking clearly he would've sensed the man following him. Dimitri swore as he was tackled from the roof and into the ground.

"What is she to you?" the scarred man snarled

"This is not your territory, you and your pups need to be leaving now" Dimitri snarled threateningly slicing through the mans clothing with his lengthened claws.

"I don't think so, You have a weakness Alpha Lupus and I'm very much set on using her to my own advantage"

"You'll do no such thing" Dimitri thundered, a distinct ripping sound filled the air as he shifted into his wolf eyes glinting red with rage.

"Ooh I did make the Alpha mad didn't I?" the man chuckled, shifting and pouncing for Dimitri.

"Should have known better than to come into these parts so late" one tsked brushing his fingers under her shirt causing a cold feeling to settle in her stomach.