Scars

Maria was escorted from the bunker by a group of a men she didn't recognise. The place was swarming with Dimitri's people and not one of them was a familiar face. Dimitri himself had been whisked away as fast as possible and now they were trying to do the same to Maria. Blood was pouring down her arm profusely, snaking over her bare skin and dripping from her fingers to the ground. Leaving a clear trail of where she had been. Maria twisted away from the man, who she now knew as Henry and turned back towards the bunker. 

"Luna, I must insist that we leave." Henry was almost pleading with her. She knew why, he couldn't technically make her do anything she didn't want to.

"What did you do with him?" she asked imploringly "what did you do with my Father?"

"Can't we discuss this later?" Henry asked, reaching for her. 

"No!" Maria snapped, clutching her wound "I need to know" she stumbled back a step, her vision becoming hazy "I need" Maria blinked slowly trying to force her vision to focus. 

"Luna, I think what you need is to sit down."

"No, I don't" she growled out, trying to break out of the thick fog growing in her mind. She stumbled back another step and a pair of arms caught her. 

"Luna" the voice swam in her ears "you've lost a lot of blood, we should go"

"I've got to go back, I've got to kill him" she whispered. 

"He's dead Luna. Heath Jones is dead."

With those words, Maria filled with relief and stopped trying to fight the fog. It thickened and swirled through her mind until there was nothing but darkness.

Maria was standing in the bunker, it was empty. There were no people, there was no sound, there was no light. She began to feel her way through the dark, trying to find an out.

"There's no way out." the voice sent a jab of fear down Maria's spine.

"This isn't real" she whispered to the darkness. Heath Jones simply laughed in response. 

"Of course it's real. Stupid girl" he scolded "you're a Jones, a hunter, through and through."

"No I'm not, that's not me." Maria denied, trying to find her Father. 

"It's in your blood, it will always be in your blood." 

"It doesn't matter," Maria ground out, surprise bursting through her veins when she stepped on something solid. Reaching down Maria gripped the object. She couldn't see it but she knew by the way it felt what it was. Her knife. She felt warmth brush by her side and she grinned "I can change" she lunged forwards and sunk the knife deep into her Father. The quiet was filled with gurgling as he choked on his own blood.

The room filled with light and Maria looked up at the man she had just stabbed. Her satisfaction quickly turning to horror. Dimitri stood before her, blood dripping from his mouth. Maria released the knife and stepped away. 

"No" she shook her head "I didn't do that, I didn't" Dimitri fell to his knees, clutching at the blade still embedded in his chest. 

"Yes you did" her Father whispered in her ear "this was all you. You're a monster Maria. Just like me." 

"I don't understand" Dimitri whispered, staring up at Maria, his eyes filled with nothing but betrayal "I loved you." Dimitri's eyes slipped shut and he fell forwards. Maria screamed and rushed towards him.

Maria woke in a cold sweat, panic coursing through her veins as she scrambled upright. She was an unfamiliar room, stark white and the smell of bleach stung her nose.