chapter seven

My friends enveloped me in a large group hug, wishing me a safe trip. We remained outside my apartment while Harry waited in his Range Rover.

I had called them over earlier just to say goodbye before I left. They ridiculed me for not telling them about Harry and I's association with each other, but I didn't think it was necessary to.

"El, are you sure you wanna go with him?" Lana questioned again. "You barely know who he is."

I glanced over at Harry, slouching in the front seat of the car. He became aware of my eyes, turning to meet my stare. He playfully winked as he flashed me a dimpled grin.

I returned a warm smile. "No, I trust him." My vision went back to them, their faces filled with slight anger and confusion. "What?"

"Ella, what the hell are you doing?" Jenny arrogated more than asked.

"I'm not doing anything," I retorted.

"You said, and I quote, 'we're in England for photography.' And now you're with some British guy you met a club," Liv said, her tone an octave away from a yell.

"Okay, calm down," I said, their tone becoming unecessary. "Who said I'm 'with' him? I'm not with anyone. He just wanted to come with me to support me. What's wrong with that?"

"Oh, don't be so naive, Ella, 'supporting you' basically means 'get in your pants," Liv continued.

"He's not that type of person," I argued. "You know what, I don't need your grief. I'm going home, with or without your goodbye. I'll see you when I get back." I annoyidely promenaded towards the car, leaving them to their critisizing attitudes. It irritated me the way they suddenly ­­­­­­­­denounced me. I had never judged them on their relationships, why do they have the right to judge mine?

I jogged around to the passenger side of the car, opening the door before ducking my head to slide in the leather seat. I emphatically sighed, heaving the car door to make it slam shut.

"What's wrong?" Harry asked.

"Nothing," I huffed. "My friends are just..." I shook my head, staring blankly ahead. "I don't know what's wrong with me. I feel like I'm doing everything wrong all of a sudden, and so does everyone else." I paused for a moment, Harry remaining silent. I wasn't sure what I feeling at the moment, other than frustration. "I don't know what's wrong with me." I jerked the seatbelt, strapping myself in. "Let's just go."

"Ella," Harry said, trying to get my attention. I ignored him, not wanting to talk about things; all that was on my mind was going home.

"Hey, look at me." I hesitantly made eye contact, his expression deeming seriousness.

"If you're doing everything wrong, good. That means you're human, and you're living life the way the way it's supposed to be lived. With mistakes. So stop beating yourself up, you've done nothing wrong, and if everyone else thinks differently, then forget them."

I humbly grinned, his words transforming my current mood. "Thanks, Harry."

"You're welcome," he beamed. "Now, let's get you home."

He initiated the ignition, hands wrapped around the wheel before beginning to drive.

___________________

"Is there anything else I can get you?" the stewardess questioned, her tone exaggerated.

"No, thank you," Harry responded, smiling up at her.

She nodded politely before strolling off. Harry peered around his chair, staring at a paticular area as she dissapeared behind the curtain.

"Harry!" I exclaimed, slapping his arm.