chapter thirty two

A giggle escaped me as Harry's nose brushed against mine before he playfully nipped at it with his teeth. His hands trailed up my side, rubbing at the skin underneath the t shirt I wore that belonged to him. 

"Mm," he hummed, eyes fluttering shut as a small smile graced his rose lips. "Missed you." 

My eyebrows knit together with his words. "What do you mean?" 

"Missed being with you, talking to you. I thought I'd lost you for a while there." 

I recalled the isolation from Harry, the lack of communication with him or anyone else. It hadn't felt very long; the days just blurred together. But now, with him, things began to clear up. Not completely, but enough to make me responsive and energetic. 

"Well, I'm back," I sighed, my fingers running through his disheveled curls. I pressed a kiss to his waiting lips, his eyes opening as I pulled away. 

"And I'm not going anywhere," I whispered. 

His grin widened as it spread across his face, squeezing the area where his hand lay. I squirmed with his touch, stifling a laugh. I was unbelievably ticklish in certain places, and he knew them all too well. 

"Don't you dare," I warned. 

"What?" he asked innocently. He gripped my side once again, this time harder, causing me to laugh. 

"You know what, you jackass," I spat. 

"What, this?" Soon enough his bare torso was on top of mine, hands feverishly poking and teasing the areas. 

I fleetingly lost control over my body as I wriggled underneath him. A fit of giggles erupted from me, my stomach beginning to ache while he laughed above me. Tears sprung to my eyes as my throat stung from the excessive laughter. I managed to grab his wrists, stopping his restless actions. 

I panted while my eyes peeled open to be met with jade irises that beamed happiness. 

"Jerk." 

I felt his chest rumble against mine as he chuckled. His head dipped down to mesh our lips together. My hand left his wrist to grip the back of his neck, drawing him closer to me. I clutched the ringlets at the nape as the kiss intensified. My hands trailed down his back, nails lightly scraping at the exposed skin. His ran against my back beneath my shirt, goosebumps being left in his wake. My hips involuntarily rocked upwards into him, and he quietly groaned against my mouth. 

He drew away, hot puffs of air fanning over my face. His expression deemed hesitance, but his clouded eyes said otherwise. 

"Harry," I began.  

"I know," he interrupted, nodding. "It's too soon. That's okay." 

He pecked my nose, and I smiled before plopped down next to me, sighing. He shifted onto his side, my attention turning to him. 

"William's giving me a tour of the building today," he spoke. 

"That's great," I smiled, propping my head up on my hand.  

Harry had been speaking with William about business within the last few weeks or so. Whenever he would talk about taking over the company, there was a bit more excitement in his voice than the last time. From what he had told me about his father, I would have never thought he'd want anything to do with it. But hearing his plans on making the building brand new, and saving the company, along with these people's jobs proved differently. 

I came to admire his heart that was filled to the brim with care for other people. Even though he didn't admit it, he wore his heart on his sleeve, especially when it came to someone or something he loved.