4

I couldn't concentrate to save my life. An entire morning's worth of classes flew by and I didn't take down any notes, answer any questions...and basically didn't learn a thing. Hopefully we don't have any tests soon.

It's not like I didn't try and concentrate, because I did. But eventually, you just have to face the facts that if a guy as hot as Cole kisses you, your head space is completely taken over by his face.

Hey, that rhymed.

But really, all I could think about was how wrong it was. But how could something so wrong seem so right? I mean, I had only known the guy for what, two, three weeks? I guess that's longer than a lot of relationships last but...I mean, I'm only fifteen. I don't think I'm ready for a serious relationship.

On the other hand, the kiss was mind-blowing. And no, it was not my first, but I wish it had been. My first kiss was with Jack Brady behind the slide on the play structure of my elementary school when I was 7. I have a gag reflex just thinking about it.

I was so lost in my own world walking to English that I didn't realized I had bumped into someone until my ass was planted firmly on the floor. This situation seems to be coming up quite often.

"Sorry," I muttered, standing up and dusting off my shorts-clad butt.

"Don't worry about it." The voice made me look up and crack a smile.

"Oh, hey Landon," I said, trying to make up for my clumsiness.

"Hey," his smile was so wide that it looked a bit painful, but it was cute nonetheless. "Where are you headed?"

"English," I chirped.

"Oh, good luck with that." I chuckled at his reaction.

"Anyway," He continued. "I was actually looking for you."

I raised my brows mockingly. "Oh really?"

He chuckled. "Yep. I was wondering if maybe you wanted to hang out sometime, maybe we could go for a coffee during lunch period one day?"

I grinned. "That sounds nice."

"Okay, cool, well I'll see you around Devin."

"See you around."

<><><>

I hadn't seen Cole all day. I didn't know if that was a good thing or a bad thing.

Lunch was well welcomed, seeing as the girls and I were going off-campus to Starbucks. Once we were out the front doors to Miller High, we were walking side-by-side in the direction of the coffee shop all teens have grown to love so much. Talking and gossiping, unwanted topics began to pop up in the conversation.

"So...Dev, what's going on with you and Cole?" Jordan asked and I almost choked on my own saliva.

"Never mind what's going on with Cole, what's going on with Landon?" This time I did choke on my own saliva.

"Wait...Landon? As in Landon Collins, the junior?" Jordan asked with disbelief.

"Nothing is going on with Landon, I have spoken to him twice," I explained to them, rolling my eyes.

"Oh, I'll be the judge of that," Olive started. "What exactly did you talk about in these brief discussions?" She asked suggestively.

"Relax, he just wanted to know my name the first time. And the second time I ran into him."

Olive gave a sigh. "Honey, I'm pretty sure he has the hots for you."

Jordan laughed at my expense. Great friends I have.