12

"What the hell?"

I open my eyes and immediately shut them again at the brightness of day. I try to turn to see who is talking but Cole's arms restrict me from doing so. I elbow him in the chest and call his name.

He groans and pulls me closer, burying his face in my neck to keep out the light.

I call his name and shove him harder this time. "Cole!"

He turns over, his eyes now open. "What?"

Free from his grasp, I turn around to see our visitor.

A small, round face with blonde hair and bright blue eyes can only mean one thing. Cayley.

"So..." she starts from her place in the doorframe. "Anyone care to explain?"

Cole clears his throat and rolls his eyes. "No, Cayley, we didn't do it. Devin just slept over."

"It's nice to meet you Devin, you're just as pretty as Cole described," she says with a wink before turning and heading down the stairs, yelling 'I'm making pancakes!'.

When I look back at Cole his eyes are wide, and he rubs the back of his neck, obviously embarrassed about his sister's confession.

I chuckle and make my way out of bed. I'm walking towards the door when Cole calls out to me.

"Where are you going?" he asks.

"To get pancakes, duh," I respond before yelling down to Cayley, "I want chocolate chip!"

<><><>

"There's no way he did that," I stated with a huge smile.

"Oh yes, he did. I was there," Cayley says with an even bigger smile.

Cole face-palms and shakes his head. "I knew it was a bad idea to introduce you two."

We were currently eating our pancakes and discussing embarrassing stories from Cole's childhood. I have to admit, I was liking Cayley more and more by the minute.

I let out a hardy laugh. "I can't believe you broke her leg, poor girl."

Cole smiles a bit. "That's what happens when you're a big muscular guy like me," he says sarcastically.

Cayley snorts into her pancakes. "Please, you could barely lift the boards at karate, much less punch them in two."

The current story was about Cole's days as a karate master. Apparently, he took karate when he was 8, and was terrible at it. But it did make for some funny stories.

He had not only accidently tripped a girl and broke her leg, but had also broke his own wrist while trying to punch a wooden board in two.

I laugh at his sister's comment, earning a fake glare from Cole. I cover my mouth to shush myself up, but drop it when I realize that there is no stopping the laughter.

When the ruckus dies down, I decide to switch the topic of interest. "So, Cayley, do you surf too?"

Now it's her turn to face-palm.

Cole lets out a laugh as Cayley's face turns bright red. "If you thought my karate stories were embarrassing, just wait 'till you hear about Cayley's surfing days."

<><><>

"Do you have to go now?" Cole asks with a fake pout.

I nod and chuckle. "Yeah, my mom knows Olive's mom, so I don't want to make it seem like she has to come pick me up."

"Can I at least walk you home?" he asks.

I smile but shake my head. "No, I don't want my mom to see you. Plus, it's only like fifteen minutes from here."

He smiles and looks directly into my eyes. "But that's fifteen minutes more that I could spend with you," he says while leaning in close.

I smile at his sweetness before he closes the gap between us. His lips meet mine as I place both my hands on his chest. I can feel his heart beating fast and he tastes like chocolate chips.

I am suddenly glad that I brushed my teeth and ate pancakes, so there is no way that I have bad breath. I think.

Our lips move in sync for what feels like minutes before I come up for air. "I have to go," I say with a small chuckle.

He rolls his eyes. "Fine," he says before kissing my forehead softly.

After saying our goodbyes, I make my way towards my house, and can't seem to wipe a goofy smile off my face.

<><><>

"No way," he states with a wacky grin.

I chuckle and nod. "Yes way."

I just revealed Cole's Christmas gift to him. After lots...and I mean lots of careful thought, I decided on the perfect present.

"I can't believe you got me a smoothie maker," he says with a smile indicating that he's still in awe.

"Now you can make strawberry smoothies whenever your heart desires," I say with a wink.

He engulfs me into a hug and kisses the top of my head. "I knew I was dating you for a reason."

I flicked his arm playfully, feigning anger.

"Ow...okay lesson learned."

I chuckle at his goofy grin.

"Okay, I'll make up for it with...these," He said, pulling something out of his back pocket.

I was momentarily confused at the piece of paper he was holding out in front of me, until I read what it said.

"No way."

"Yes way."

I stare with wide eyes at the ticket in front of me. The letters spelled out 'Los Angeles Surf and Skate Competition 2015' in all caps.

I smile widely as he hands me the ticket. I take it, looking it over a couple times to make sure it's real.

I basically tackle him in a hug, planting a kiss on his lips. He kisses back immediately.

"Cayley's coming too, I hope you don't mind."

I shake my head. "Definitely not, especially if she has more karate stories to share."

<><><>

I had already asked my mom if I would be allowed to go to the competition with Cole in a month. I also told her that Cole just happened to have an extra ticket, and that his sister was coming too. She agreed, after we discussed who was driving, what date and time, et cetera.

I couldn't wait for the month to pass so we could drive up to LA and go to the most epic surf and skate competition in California.

The only thing that was putting a damper on my mood was Jake. He hasn't been his normal, cheery self lately. He seems kind of down in the dumps about something, but I don't know what.

I do have a hunch though.

He'd been dropping hints for a while now, but it just took me even longer to figure it out. But now that I have, it seems quite obvious.

The way he was always turning down hot girls at school dances. How he said they 'weren't his type'. How he was always acting uncomfortable when Cole and I were together.

Jake was gay.

And I'm pretty sure he had a crush on Cole.

<><><>

HELLO PEOPLE¡!

Sorry for the short chap, didn't have a lot of time to write it :(

Merry Christmas though!! Consider this my gift to you.

And is Jake gay? Devin seems to think so! Leave your comments and opinions below!!!

Vote if you enjoyed...

Later pals,
Molly