15

Check out my other story, 'The Disappearance of Candace Clark'!!!

<><><>

"Jordan?!" I shrieked, and the heinous bitch turned around, confused. I stormed over to her getting all up in her face.

"What?" She looked confused, but I wasn't going to fall for it.

"Are you insane?!" I shrieked, my voice cracking.

"What are you talking about?"

I shoved the note from my locker into her face. She took it from my hands, her eyes grazing over the words.

"What the hell is this?"

"Don't act like you don't know."

I am pretty sure that smoke was coming out of my ears at this point.

"Seriously Devin, what the hell is this?!"

"You tell me!"

She looked up at me with wide eyes. "You can't seriously think I gave you this."

"Who else?!"

She ignored this. "Are they talking about Cole?"

The words died in my throat. I nodded slowly. "I think so."

The girl was a good actress, but she wasn't that good. I was 90% sure that she was telling the truth. The extra 10% was just there in case I was wrong.

"What did they do to him?" She asked slowly.

"He's in the hospital. He ate rat poison."

Her face went pale and her eyes got wider. "Holy...are you serious?"

I gave a nod.

"You have to tell somebody."

"Oh no really."

"Like now."

I dropped the sarcasm this time.

"I know."

<><><>

On the way out the door I saw Jake and showed him the notes. He was absolutely flabbergasted.

"Who did this?"

"I thought it was Jordan," I started. "But I showed her it, and she denied it. I think I believe her. Not even she is crazy enough to do something like this."

"You can't tell anybody."

"What?!" I gaped at Jake.

"You saw what the note said! What if they do it again?"

"They can't do it again from jail!"

"Think about this Dev, they won't figure it out before this psycho has the chance to strike again? And what if it's worse this time? What if they give him enough to kill him?"

He had a point there.

I thought for a few minutes before coming up with a solution.

"We'll try to figure it out tonight, and if we can't by tomorrow, we'll tell the cops. They can protect him so it doesn't happen again."

Jake still seemed skeptical, but he decided to let it go, since there was no point arguing with me.

<><><>

I lay on my bed again, staring at the ceiling. Again. This was becoming a new hobby of mine.

Almost like deja-vu, my phone rang from the nightstand. Caylee.