5

Cole and I decided not to tell our friends about us yet. In fact, I didn't even know what to tell them, considering I didn't even know what 'we' were.

It was especially hard, sitting with them now. All I wanted to do was blab about everything in our circle of gossip, but I had to refrain myself.

Jordan's house was a cute, two-story suburban looking house. Her and her mother lived alone, so they only had 3 bedrooms, but it was spacious nonetheless. We were currently seated in the living room, with our boxes of pizza and breadsticks, discussing what movie to watch.

"What about...a rom-com...or an action movie?" Jordan said, leaning her back against the soft beige fabric of her couch.

"Sure I guess, but which one?" Olive asked, sounding disinterested. Examining her nails, her pale face lit up. "Let's watch Titanic!"

I stiffened immediately, reminded of that day in Chemistry with Cole

Cole.

God, I wish he was here right now.

"Dear lord, no. I bawl my eyes out every time," Jordan stated, looking amused.

"I agree, as much as I love young Leo, I can't watch that movie again. Plus its like 3 hours long," I said with a smile.

"Fiinee," Olive huffed and slumped back into her purple armchair.

After minutes of more suggestions, we actually did end up watching Titanic.

Every time the shot included Leonardo, we would all let out sighs. Such girls, honestly.

When the end started to roll around, and I was starting to doze off, I heard the familiar dialogue that made me sit up straight.

"Jack," Rose, in all of her glory called out.

"Rose," Jack called. And so on.

A wide grin crept onto my face that I couldn't even try to conceal. Jordan, who had tears in the corners of her eyes, looked at my sudden movements.

"What's that smile about?"

I tried to contain it, but it was impossible. "I don't know what you're talking about," I said, the smile still lingering.

"That smile, the one that makes you look high," she said seriously and I laughed. I looked over at Olive, since we were lacking our usual comment from her.

"Jordan, Olive is asleep," I said, casually changing the subject to avoid getting pressed on it further.

Jordan's face looked mischievous in the flickers of light radiating from the TV. She got up soundlessly, and filled a glass of water at the sink in her floral kitchen. Then she walked back through the doorway and over to the purple armchair that contrasted Olive's hair perfectly. And without a second thought, she dumped the whole cup over her freckled face swiftly.

"WHAT THE-"

It's safe to say that Olive didn't talk to us for a while after that.

<><><>

Every day at school Cole kept finding ways to touch me, which made my hormones go haywire. We hadn't gotten a moment alone for days and I was suffering from withdrawals. It had been raining the past couple days after school, which was much needed in California, but it meant no skate park. And no skate park meant no alone time with Cole. Ugh.

I was alone, not flanked by Olive and Jordan for once when someone grabbed my hand and pulled me away from my locker. I shut it with a bang before being hauled off. I was about to scream, but my attacker's familiar back stopped me.