Chapter 3

*Peter's POV*

"Peter! Gabe's here!" My mom called from downstairs. I noticed the flour wiped across her face as she studied the cook book laid in front of her.

I opened the door and led Gabriel up to my room. He plopped down on the bed as usual and faced me.

"Gabriel, um. I need to tell you something." I laid down beside him, resting my head on a pillow and looked around nervously. "Okay, what is it?" Gabriel asked, shifting his weight onto one arm.

"I just.. Don't think things are working out like they used too. I think it would be better if we split up." I rubbed the back of my neck, swiping my hair to its usual style. "Are you serious? You're just going to give up on us?" Gabriel stared in confusion. I nodded and stood up from the bed. "Fine. I guess we're over. Bye Peter." Gabriel stood up and made his way downstairs, slamming the door and stomping his feet as he walked.

*Paisyn's POV*

I lifted my hand to knock on Peter's front door, as Gabriel came barging out, tears threatening to overflow. "What's wrong Gabe? Are you okay?" I asked as he jogged down the street without answering.

"What's wrong with Gabe?" I questioned once I was inside Peter's room. "Nothing, it's nothing." He said, sitting against the head board. I crawled across the bed and sat next to him, placing my hand on top of his.

"So, um I've never really had my...first kiss yet." I stated awkwardly. "That's okay." Peter smiled and shifted towards me. I placed my hand on Peter's chest and leaned as Peter did. Our lips were inches apart, I stopped and moved my hand from his chest.

"I'm sorry. I can't do this. I-I have to go." I stuttered, grabbing my jacket and running downstairs and across the street.

I slipped my shoes off and stumbled up the stairs to my bedroom, slamming the door shut and collapsing on my bed. I threw my hands over my eyes and sighed.

What have I done. What have I gotten myself into?

My phone buzzed with a message from Peter, I quickly deleted it without reading and chucked my phone onto the floor. I slightly giggled as my stomach managed a low grumble.

"Paisyn honey, dinners ready." My mom called from the hallway. I pulled on my slippers and ran downstairs. Making my plate and then taking my usual seat at the table, waiting for my mom to finish saying grace.

Michael and my mom talked for a while, leaving me to my lonesome. They chatted about the band, school, and anything else that crossed her mind.

"So, Paisyn. Have you and Ashton spoke anymore." Michael stated, rather than asked. "No. Why would we?" I questioned sarcastically as I toyed with the green bean in front of me. My mom's eyes shifted from me to Michael and back.

"Oh, ya know. Just wondering. Since you two kind of had a thing going on."

"What, thing?" I asked, adding air quotes for effect.  I knew what he was doing.

"Paisyn, don't play stupid. I heard you two talking."

My fork fell, clashing against the plate as my mother's mouth opened wider.

"Paisyn. What is your brother talking about sweetie?" My mom asked, clueless.

"Nothing."

I cleared my plate, washed and dried it, before escaping to the confines of my room. Deleting the new messages from Peter and pulling the English homework from my bag.

*The Next Morning*

I had to walk to school alone, leaving earlier than usual to avoid Peter. Approaching my friends, Caitlyn and Brooke, their eyes grew big as I sat my bag down and stood with them. "What is wrong with you two?" I asked as Brooke started blushing.

"Look." Caitlyn pointed behind me. I turned around and saw what she was grinning at. "He's like the absolute hottest guy in Grade 12 here!" Brooke rambled as Ashton stood, smiling.

"I'll be right back." I said, making my way toward Ashton as Brooke and Caitly's mouths dropped to the floor. "What? No! You can't! He's like the most popular guy here! You can't just go talk to him! You're only in Grade 9! He'll make your life hell!" Caitlyn almost yelled.

Shrugging my shoulders I turned and made my way over. "Hey Paise." Ashton smiled, pulling me into a hug.

He smelt good. What?

"Hey Ash." I smiled back as he pulled away front the hug. "So um, I see your friends over there." Ashton laughed and semi-waved to Brooke and Caitlyn.

I could hear their squeals as Ashton turned back to me. "Yea, sorry about that. They're kind of in love with you." I laughed and pulled my hair behind my ear.

"That's too bad, I only have room for one girl in my life." My face flushed a nice shade of red. "And who would that be?" I decided to play along as he shifted his bag to the other shoulder.

"I don't think you know her, she's in Grade 9. She has long brown hair, green eyes, and a cute little freckle right under the corner of her right eye." Ashton touched the freckle in between the corner of my eye and my hair.

"She sounds familiar." He was so cute, why did he have to be so much older?

"Yea, she's amazing. Do you think she would go out to a movie with me tomorrow?"

"I think she would. She'd like that." I grinned as he took my hand.

"Great. I'll pick you up at 7 okay?" I nodded as he squeezed my hand more.

"Okay."

Ashton leaned in and kissed my cheek, smiled, and headed off to his class as the bell rang. His grey beanie bounced perfectly as he walked away,

"Ahh!  What was that about Paisyn?!" Brooke screamed in my ear. "We know each other. It's nothing. He's in Michael's band, so he comes over to the house sometimes." Brooke's eyes were as big as basketballs as I finished.

"Girl! That is awesome! You could be the most popular girl in Grade 9 ever!" Brooke said. "I don't care about that, he's just a friend." I lied.

I wish I only thought of Ashton as a friend, but it's more than that now.

I'm falling for him, faster than I'd ever imagined.