Chapter 21

*Ashtons POV*
The Telly's light flickered with commercials and shows and more commercials. It felt like time was in slow-mo, but my mind was racing.

Why?!
Why?!
Why did he do it?!

My eyes slowly started to close from all the emotion I brought on myself. Right before it got completely dark my door swung open. The hinges broke off and Gabe stood in the door-way angry and upset.
"You!" My eyes widen with the sudden loudness to my dull lifeless lounge room. He charged at me. Coming straight to my face and fisted the collar of my shirt. "You killed him! You did this to him!"
"Gabe S-stop. I-It wasn't m-me!" I couldn't form words with the closeness Gabe was to me.
"It's your fault that he's gone! You're the cause of his heart break! You!" The salt filled tears streamed down his face. I didn't know what to say. The thoughts of before vanished all was left was that image, that lifeless corps in my arms.

Was it my fault?
Did I kill Peter?
I know I didn't shoot him, but by taking the love of his life away, did that make me the one who killed him?

"I just want him back." Gabe said. Letting go of my shirt and dropping to his knees. "I want him back!" He yelled into his palms. The tears more prominent.
"Gabe. I swear it wasn't me. I didn't do-"

"Didn't do what?" My breath hitched. The softness and the familiarity of that voice made me quickly stand and stumble over to her.
"Paisyn, w-what are you doing here?" Her soft caring eyes looked to me then to Gabe, bawling on the floor.
"I came to ah-" , she stared at Gabe questioningly. "To ah, check up on you. How was the talk with Peter?" Gabriel's harsh cries came out even more with the sound of that name. "What's up with him. Ash what's wrong?" Tears filled my eyes. I'm going to have to tell her soon. "Ash you're scaring me."
"Pai, there's something I need to tell-"
"Just tell her Ashton! Tell her how you killed Peter!" He came up to me and Paisyn. "He killed him." He whispered just loud enough for us to hear then ran out of my house.
"Y-you-you what?!" Her voice quivered and tears brimmed her eye lids.
"Paisyn come sit."
"Tell.Me.Now." The harsh words threw me at first, but I knew it was time. I couldn't just keep pushing it on.

"I drove to talk to Peter earlier. T-the door was unlocked after I tried and tried to ring and knock. I- I even tried calling his name, but he never responded. I walked in. And up to his room. H-he wasn't answering and I-I felt something off with the whole situation." Tears flowed down her cheeks. My voice was getting shaky so I cleared my throat and went on.
" H-he was lying o-on his bed. H-he wasn't breathing. He-he." I couldn't continue. I broke down at the same time Paisyn did. We cried into each others arms. Me saying "I'm so sorry." Over and over.
"Ashton. Stop B-blaming yourself. I-it wasn't your fault." The tears never stopped. And the violent shaking we both were doing was making my stomach clench.
"H-he had a gun. That's W-why Gabe thought I d-did it. I grabbed the gun, but it was to l-late!" I cried and cried until my violent choking sobs calmed down and my eyes drifted shut. I could still hear Paisyn's voice "Shhhshhh"ing and repeating "It's alright." to me.
This should be the other way around but it's not. She's rocking me to sleep. She's trying to calm the crying person in her arms. She's keeping it cool.
And I'm not.

*Paisyn's POV*
Ashton's asleep on the couch. My mind wondering around and around going in circles.

Peters dead.
He killed himself.
Why?!

I struggled not to cry even more until I find out why.

*Thanks to @RMbeautiful2 for this amazing chapter(: love you guys*

~A.L.