Chapter 5

Chapter 5

"I didn't give him up, breathing is just better than no breathing and it looks like you're giving us the chance to stay above soil." —Angel

One Month Later...

"Promise" by Ciara played through our living room speakers as I stood on our glass coffee table, pretending to be a stripper. Money was throwing all sorts of bills at me. Twenties, fifties and hundreds while I dropped low and twerked. All I had on was a tight black t-shirt, the matching lace panties and knee high black socks.

We were bored and had nothing else to do, so just decided to be silly. We had a house full of money and had yet to figure out what we were going to do with it. So we'd pulled it out from its place under our bed, to have some fun with it. It turns out those duffle bags we had taken from Ice a month ago was filled with bricks of cocaine.

As soon as we got home, we opened it like Money said we would and were surprised at the carefully plastic wrapped bricks that sat stacked neatly on top of each other. Money promised if it wasn't money we would get rid of it and I thought he would, because he was not a drug dealer and didn't know the last thing about coke.

But he told me he couldn't, because it could make us money. I honestly was not feeling it and we almost got into a fight over it. But he swore he wasn't going to go out on the block and try to sell them himself. He got rid of them by selling them to someone he knew was a dealer.

There were ten kilos in each duffle bag and we had two bags, so there was twenty in all. Money sold each brick for twelve thousand dollars. His pricing might've been way too high or low, but he got them all sold the very next day to the guy he showed them too. So we ended up with $240,000 dollars. Almost a quarter of a million, it was the most money we've ever seen in our lives.

I turn around toward the door so my back is facing him. I seductively take my shirt off and start swinging it in the air. I look over my shoulder to see Money watching me, smiling from ear to ear. I loved how childish and goofy we could be. It was fun. He chuckled in amusement, watching me up and down.

The loud sound of metal penetrated the music even though the stereo was close to the maximum volume. I jump and swing my head in the direction of the front door to see our front doorknob rolling in a slow circle on the floor before it comes to a stop. The door opens and I'm so shocked I don't even make a sound.

Three men walk in swift and smoothly, two make a left as if they already know exactly where they're going. The last one walks right toward us, taking a seat in our black single seat sofa. He puts one of his legs on top of the other one, the ankle on his knee, forming a square shape almost. He then rest his elbow on the arm of the chair and let's his chin rest in his other hand, staring at us.

His goons either viciously rip the plug for the speakers out of the wall or smash the stereo system up because there is a startling noise before everything goes silent. Though I was facing the goons to see what it was exactly they had done, I was too scared to take my eyes off the man in the chair since he was closest to me.

All I could do was stand on the table scared and embarrassed with my hands over my breasts. The two men then head back to the front door and stand in front of it to keep guard, pointing their guns at us. There is only a small percent of me that is opportunistic about seeing another day.

They probably didn't want to kill us, because if they did, they probably would've kept the music going. It would blend out the sounds of our deaths perfectly. And the strange man would not have come and sat in our living room, possibly spreading his DNA everywhere. That did not mean I was not wrong, maybe he was bold. There were all types of people in the world.