Chapter 25

Chapter 25

"The day I challenged you and questioned your authority, was the day I stopped being perfect to you." —Angel

Él Mexico, México city

Three Months Later...

"Push!" The doctor yelled at me. She was set between my legs, encouraging me to deliver my baby. I did as she said and pushed my hardest like I'd been doing for the last three hours. I was tired and exhausted and it felt like we haven't gone anywhere with this delivery. According to the doctors, I was almost there though.

My whole body was shaking and my hair was stuck to the sides of my face thanks to the coats of sweat that covered me. My legs were open as far as they could go and it felt like I was trying to push out something the size of an elephant. I could feel the baby because I was in excruciating pain, but it felt like he was stuck.

"Push!" The doctor shouted again. "Come on Monica! I can see his head! You're almost there!" She said to me. I lied and told doctor Rodriguez my name was Monica, and that's what she'd been calling me this whole time. I guess to help me feel more comfortable to get through with this instead of just calling me "miss" or "ma'am."

I almost cussed her ass out a few times for calling me Monica, forgetting I was the one who told her that was my name. I was on the run and even though I was in Mexíco, I wanted to be sure. Never know if someone could pass through looking for me.

"Monica I need you to—"

"I'm pushing!" I shout in frustration. Tears were pouring down my face and it felt like I was being ripped open. The medication wasn't doing anything to help.

I yelped when I felt something in an odd place. I try to sit up directly but the assistants start holding me down.

"No no no don't do that!" Nurse Rodriguez shouted. She tapped the side of my thigh, "Okay we'll try again. One...two...three...push!"

I screamed to the top of my lungs and tried pushing for five seconds straight, making my whole body convulse, before I collapsed back on the bed breathing heavily.

"Good Monica you're doing good!" She said.

A nurse's assistant who was holding my hand, moves some of my hair out of my face and fans me. This was nurse Lopez. She didn't seem to mind me squeezing her hand although I was sure her hand was very sore. I know mines would be. We've all been in this room for hours trying to deliver this baby. And all I could do was crush her hand every time I felt pain. The entire staff was really helpful and I was grateful.

I was scared to death and Money was not even by my side. My eyes shift to the corner of the room where he's leaning against the wall, doing something on his cellphone. I was giving birth to this bastard's baby and he was on his phone.

To be honest I wasn't surprised by it, he made it clear a million times how he felt about it. But this was going too far. He should be the one doing nurse Lopez's job, holding my hand and coaching me through it. Instead he was standing there like this shit had nothing to do with him. I've had my eyes on him almost the whole time and he didn't look over at me, not even once.

Yet, he was the first one when I was having contractions earlier, making a big fuss about none of my doctors being male. But I couldn't even get his ass to hold my hand. It was obvious he was freaked out by it, but just because I was the one having the baby didn't mean I didn't feel the same way. This was my first child after all. I was scared too.

"Alright here we go." Nurse Rodriguez said bringing me back to reality. But then she pauses, looking at something between my legs, she called over another nurse and they started conversing in Spanish.