Chapter 18

Chapter 18

"Nothing wrong with having high standards, but make sure you meet those standards you're setting for somebody else. You can't want you and someone to get together and buy a thousand dollar house and you only have a dollar in your pocket. That's what he's doing, setting the bar high for her, when he's nowhere close to it." —Money

I couldn't believe it was time to go home already. I've been in Cartagena for four months and was a little torn. Thirty percent of me felt a little sad, I kind of liked it here and the money I'd been getting paid by Emilio was crazy. It made me want to stay longer; but I couldn't deny that I missed my home and my wife much more.

There was a knock on the door and I knew it could only be one person. She doesn't even wait for me to give the okay before she sticks her head in, followed by her whole body. She closes the door behind her and rushes over to me, hugging me.

"Do you have to leave so soon, Dinero?"

I was throwing some of my clothes back into my suitcases. María takes a seat on the edge of my bed just watching me, pouting. Over time we had gotten really cool. We had one of those relationships where there was chemistry there, but neither of us crossed that line.

"I don't want you to go." She whined.

I look at her to see those full pouty lips poking out at me. She was wearing her reading glasses, her hair in a ponytail. She often had them on but they didn't look like prescriptions.

"Sorry, but I gotta jet. Gotta go back to my own city."

"Pero va a ser tan aburrido aquí sin ti..." She mumbled, tossing herself back on the bed dramatically.

I chuckle and fold a pair of pants before placing it into the suitcase. "English."

"I said but it's gonna be so boring here without you."

"You don't have to worry, I'll never forget you."

She busted out laughing, turning on her side. "Dinero shut up."

Emilio was in his office speaking to someone right now, he usually stayed in there for two hours. I knew his schedule to a tee, so I was confident he wasn't coming this way soon. I didn't know how he would feel about his daughter and I being together. Not that I ever thought about it, because I would never allow myself to even entertain that idea; but she had a natural flirtatiousness to her and I wonder if he never saw it.

"Are you gonna think about me while you're in Miami?"

"Of course."

"How much?" She said.

"How much you want me too?" I flirted back, licking my lips. I've still never called her anything other than her name. It was so I didn't slip up and say something slick in front of Emilio. I wasn't scared but I didn't need this man thinking his daughter and I had something going on. That would be bad for business.

María sits up on the bed and folds her legs, sitting Indian style. She picks up a shirt and starts folding to help me pack. Her breasts were huge but I could tell they were natural. They sat in her top nicely and she probably had to hold them when she was riding dick.

I have to force myself to stop fantasizing and look away.

"Dinero," She says, suddenly looking at me, "Why do you cheat on your wife?"

I freeze and just look at her. I even glance down at my ring finger to make sure I didn't have it on. In the four months I've been here she's never gave any indication that she knew I was married. I wondered how she guessed a wife and not a girlfriend. And what impression did I give her that I cheated? I didn't bring up women once since I've been here.