Chapter 14

Chapter 14

"No, that's your purpose. I don't care about any of that stuff. I never did. Those are your dreams." —Angel

December 25th, 2007

It was now officially Christmas Day and I couldn't believe I was going through all this drama. It's been almost a week since I've run into Money's mistress at the club. I get out the shower and wrap my towel around myself, wiping away the condensation the hot water caused on the mirror.

I looked much better and my face was healing nicely, nothing noticeable unless you were close up. I'd been walking to the exit with Kianna and her husband Capri when I literally bumped into Money's whore. I recognized her right away because I'd been staring at her in the salon the whole time that day; and I knew she recognized me too.

I don't know why but I just lashed out and hit her and we started fighting. She got the better of me. Though I'm sure it looked worst than what it was at the time; because I left with a bloody face. That was only because at one point in the midst of us being tangled up in a ball outside on the ground, the pointed tip of her heel opened the skin above my eyebrow a little deep, so I bled heavily.

The small cut there was red now, but it was going down and I was fine. The only thing I was sad about was how lonely I was. It's been two months since I've seen Money. At first he would text and call me all day, then it just stopped. Two months with not even a phone call like he use to. I was very hurt, it seems like he didn't care about me anymore.

How did we end up here? Now it was Christmas and I was here in my apartment with a small Christmas tree decorated with ornaments and lights, but no one to share it with. Not a present sat under the tree. Part of me wished the baby was born already to at least have some type of companionship.

I wanted the baby and was actually looking forward to it. I open my towel a little, looking at myself. I was now starting to show. I was in that awkward faze where you could see something was going on with me. It was one of those where you couldn't tell if I was pregnant, or one of those skinny girls starting to become fat.

People sometimes stared at me, because I looked odd. An old man once on the street couldn't stop looking at me. I'd been out nearby the apartment shopping for clothes. I never went too far from home. I wasn't offended and eventually to end his guessing game, I rubbed my belly and mouthed to him I was pregnant. He burst into laughter and apologized for staring, but said he couldn't help but not too.

I close my towel and walk out into the living room to turn the television off, deciding I'd retire to the room for tonight. I get into the living room and scream, seeing a man sitting on my couch. His face was in his palms like he was thinking, but he calmly looked over at me.

It was Money.

There were so many emotions flooding through me at once, I couldn't process them all. He just watched me as well, but I couldn't tell what he was thinking. He stared at me from head to toe and I was sure he could hear my heart through my chest. He got up and walked toward me, making me cower and back away. I couldn't move away much further once my back touches the table.

He's standing over me, just looking down like he can't believe it's me. But there's something off about him, I notice it in his eyes. They seem more dull, he seems more dull. I can feel his aura and the negative energy on him. I wasn't scared of Money, but I knew when something was wrong with him.

"Money." I whisper breathlessly. I couldn't believe he was standing here right in front of me. It felt like it's been so long since I've seen him and it has been.