Chapter 16

Chapter 16

"Next time I got it,don't worry bout' that. I'm not on that Hollywood shit." —Money

I traded my Dodge Nitro truck in for a 2007 Jaguar XJ. The figures I started making doing drops was showing and I had the funds to blow, for it. I wasn't going crazy with my money, just something to treat myself for all the hard work I was doing. I watched my car parked outside as people that passed, stopped to do a double take, admiring it. It was a shiny silver and the sun was hitting it nicely.

Joe pulls the barber's cape off of me and I stand up, looking at myself in the mirror. I never had any facial hair on me because I felt I looked better without it. My waves were more enhanced, my shape up was in place and the small diamond earrings in my ears matched my smile.

I throw Joe a fifty dollar bill, not waiting for change. I walk out not feeling like staying to talk, telling him I'd catch up some other time. I jump in my Jaguar and go cruising nowhere in particular before I decide to swing by Tasha's apartment complex.

I get in front of her building and there's about half a dozen dudes standing outside, talking. I surprisingly see Tasha and two other girls next to her. Either they were getting ready to go somewhere or had just come from somewhere. None of them are facing me but I could recognize Tasha, anyway.

I hadn't been to see her really since Angel caught me with Nyah, but I hadn't neglected her completely. I see some of the men in front her building eyeing the car and me as well. I was strapped and ready for anybody to try and play gangster. I walk up to Tasha, who's talking to the group of men with her friends. I can't tell what they were talking about, but I could hear her giggling and it kind of pissed me off.

I snatched her arm and she became visibly scared for a second, until she saw it was me. I pulled her off to the side without looking at anybody around me. She tried to yank her arm away but I already let go, placing my hands in my pocket.

"Why'd you put your hands on my wife?" I ask her, looking everywhere but at her. My voice was calm. "I don't even let you talk crazy about her and yet you thought it would be okay to fight her?"

"She hit me first." Tasha said.

I look at her. "Then walk away, don't put your hands on her."

I guess she was feeling bold because she had a crowd outside. She crossed her arms and looked me up and down. "Excuse me? I'm not a dog, I don't care who she is, if she hits me I'm going to defend myself." She tried to walk away from me, but I grabbed her arm and pushed her back to where she was just standing. Not realizing my own strength, her back hit the brick wall taking the breath from her lungs.

I felt bad but I don't show it. I place my left palm against the wall above her head and lean down, next to her ear. "Don't make me have you turn afraid of me. You heard what I said, don't ever put your hands on her. There should never be another time after this, but if there is and you don't heed my warning, imma show you the other side of me."

She quickly nodded, her eyes watering. "Okay."

I feel a light shove to my shoulder and look to see Diamond. There was another girl I was not familiar with standing behind Diamond. Diamond was one of those girls with a body that could lay off the potato chips and use some daily jogging and sit-ups, but she had a pretty face so it was excusable. She wasn't overwhelming fat, but still big.

"You lost your mind? Get off of her." She said, only for Tasha to grab her arm and quickly try to calm her down.

"It's okay girl." Tasha said.