Chapter 7

Chapter 7

"The lifestyle seems intriguing and I bet the money will be nice. But at what cost do you have to give, to get all of this?" —Angel

The address given to me by the man on the phone was three hours outside of Miami. When we finally pull up, we pull up in front of a mansion. From outside it seemed like a castle. Money and I looked at each other and sat there in silence for a moment, both trying to figure out if this was real.

The large black gates stood ten feet tall, blocking outsiders from coming in. There were cars parked everywhere in the large gravel style driveway. From luxury to supercars. In fact I don't think there was anything less expensive than a Range Rover there. It must've gotten to Money because he didn't even bother pulling the Dodge through the gates. Probably didn't want anybody to know we were posers.

We did look the part of important money, especially Money. In his Tom Ford suit, looking sharp, standing tall and commanding, he looked like a tycoon. I place my arm in his and we walk toward the enormous house. The gates open automatically and we walk through and go up to the front door. A security guard with an ear piece speaks to us.

"Names please."

"Don't worry they're with me." A voice said, appearing by the door. He either knew who we were already or just wanted to be nice. Then when I think about it, I figure he must've been the guy I was on the phone with and Capri probably gave him a description of us or something.

The security guard steps to the side and we walk in behind the man who tells us to follow him. I'm in awe, my head turning left and right as I take in everything. The place was beautiful. Almost like a ballroom. The floors were a porcelain white, the walls bleach white and chandeliers so large it looked like if air blew too hard it would bring down the whole ceiling with it.

People were everywhere, all ages, ethnicities and shades. Everyone in here screamed important and I had no doubt that they all were. All I could wonder was who's house it was. There was well over a hundred something people in here easily, and that was counting who was downstairs. There was a double grand staircase that led upstairs.

The man leads us through the crowd and over to Capri. A part of me feels a little relief. I don't know why because I don't know anything about this man, but he's the most familiar face here. He smiles, seeming less menacing from our first encounter. Looking between Money and I, he nods his head at me as extends his hand toward Money.

"Welcome."

Money takes his hand.

Capri makes a head motion for us to follow. He walks on the left side of Money as they're conversing about something. I'm too busy looking around and other people's conversations are too close for me to hear what they're speaking about.

He leads us to this table where a group of women are sitting. Capri lightly taps his fists on the table and all the women look up. He then looks between Money and I. "I have a lot to talk to you about, Angel will be in good hands here."

I look at Money and there must be panic in my eyes because he bends down near my ear, not missing a beat. "It's okay ma, go 'head. It's okay. I gotta do this."

He pulls away and it's all on my face, but I can't say it out loud. I don't want to stay, I was nervous. I never had a conversation with females before. What if I said something stupid?

He kisses my forehead and not missing a beat, basically pushes me toward them. I kind of feel betrayed, but I know I'm the dramatic one here. We were grown and if he was potentially about to start working with a powerful man like Capri, we couldn't be acting like scared little kids.