Chapter 22

Winry's POV

The guy had a metal rod going through his chest, and I looked to Ed, he was bleeding. Ed, I ran to him as he placed a hand on his side where he had been shot. I was focused mainly on Ed, and when I reached him he pushed me behind him as he and Al finished taking care of all of the other men. Some were thrown off of the train, others were tied up, and some surrendered and were then tied. Ed began to fall and I caught him before he hit the floor.

"Are you alright Winry?" He was worried about me, and he is the one with a gunshot wound. This man is insane.

"Al help me!" I shouted and he finished dealing with the men that were tied up, using alchemy to ensure that they wouldn't be able to escape. He rushed over and helped me lift Ed up and onto a nearby table in the train car we were in. Shoving everything off of the table, we placed Ed on it, and then I began to help Ed.

"Guys, I'm fine."

"No your not, you're bleeding too much. I took off my jacket that I had on and placed it on Ed's wound and pressed down, he hissed and then stared up at me. "Al I need scissors, a needle, and thread. Now!" I then lifted Eds shirt to see how bad it was underneath, and then pressing my jacket to the wound once more. Al was going through the train car, gathering the things I had asked of him. "Al a bottle of alcohol, and water. Once Al had the things I needed he came over to the table and put the items down on the table. "Al I need your help to turn him over slightly to see if the bullet went through or not." He nodded and we both turned him onto his side slightly and he groaned and hissed. We placed him back on his back, and I was scared. The bullet is still in him, and I have no idea where. I have to go in, and use my fingers. I looked down at Ed who seemed to know.

"Just do it!"

"Do what?" AL asked worriedly.

"I have to pull the bullet out." I looked down at ed and then to Al, "Hold him down."

I grabbed the bottle of alcohol and poured some onto my arms and hands, and then onto Ed's wound, he hissed. I then began to feel around near his wound until I Ed jerked. I then plunged my fingers into his wound, and we had to get a few of the male passengers to help hold him down some. After digging around for a while, I felt the bullet and started to slowly pull it out.

I looked down at Ed, "Ed don't you dare die on me!" His eyes reopened and he stared up at me slightly, fighting himself to stay awake. I then poured a bit of the alcohol on the wound, and onto the needle and thread I was going to use to sew him up with. I pinched his skin together and started to sew his skin, I noticed that he was gripping the table and hissed in pain. "I'm almost done, almost there Ed."

Finally Ed was sewed up, but we had to leave him on the table. "How am I doing doc?" Ed asked; I stayed sitting at the table holding his hand, he had passed out after I finished stitching him up. We were almost home now, two hours left to go. I smiled, he called me doc, even if it is a joke.

"Well Mr. Elric, it seems that you will make a fine recovery as long as you listen to your doctor."

"And if I don't listen?"

"Then I guess you will be sleeping in your own room."

"I suppose I am listening to you then."

"You would be right." I squeezed his hand, and then I got serious. "Ed, I'm sorry."

"For what?"

"You wouldn't have gotten shot if..."

"Winry, stop." It's my fault, "It is not your fault, and I would take a bullet for you any day."

"Ed." A tear fell down my cheek and I placed his hand on my cheek, and leaned into his hand.

"Like you said, I'm going to be alright, so stop crying alright."

I nodded my head and then laid my head on his chest, as he slowly ran his fingers through my hair until we reached home.

~~~~~~

I do apologize for taking so long to update, but school has me busy.  Anyways, I would like to thank all of those who commented and voted for the last chapter.  So what do you guys think?  Sorry if there are any mistakes...

Vote

Comment

Share

Thank you.