Chapter 23

I am so so so sorry that it has been so long, I have had some major writers block for this story.   All of you are amazing, and thank you so much for reading, voting, commenting, and or sharing. 

Now I know it is short, but at least it is something, right?

I hope that all of you enjoy this short chapter that I wrote for you beauties.  Hopefully more ideas will come to me, and I will update more.  But, life can be crazy sometimes, and I have been working on other works. 

Also if you have any questions dm me and I will reply to you as soon as I can. Anyways here is the short chapter for y'all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Winry's POV

Getting off of the train was the hard part. Al and I had to help carry Ed, while carrying our bags. I almost yelled at Ed when he tried to help carry my bag, or tried to walk by himself, which led to him almost falling over. Finally making it to my house, his father answered the door, and worry was written all over his face. Taking over from me, he helped Al get Edward upstairs and to my bedroom, laying him down on my bed Ed groaned in pain, but like always he tried to hide it. "Anyone want to explain something to me?" Their father asked as he looked to me, knowing his best chance of getting answers to what happened from me rather than his sons.

"So long story short, Ed got shot for me, when some guys tried to take over the train." He nodded and then moved to look at his wound.

"You have done a good job here Winry."

"Thank you. I would love to talk more with you, but Ed needs to rest now." He and Al both nodded in understanding and left my room.

One it was me and Ed, I began to check his wound again, and his temperature. He was stable and would be fine, I know that he will be fine. As if he knew what I was thinking he took my hand in his before I could move away from him. "I'll be fine, stop worrying Winry."

"You got shot Ed."

"Yes, and it sucks." Tears began to form in my eyes again. "Don't, don't do that. Winry, I am fine, just breathe." Soon I regained control of myself and made sure that his wound was bandaged properly and then laid down on Ed's opposite side so that I wouldn't hurt him. He wrapped his arm around me, but I still couldn't sleep, I was worried that I would only see what happened back on the train if I closed my eyes. "Winry, everything is fine you need to rest."

"So do you."

"I rest if you do."

Why did he have to do that? That stubborn man, but that's one of the reasons I love him so...

"Ed?"

"Yeah?"

"No working or training, no nothing for at least a week or two until that is healed, understand."

He chuckled slightly and placed a kiss on my forehead only to wince in pain. "ED?!"

"I'm alright." He chuckled out, this man was going to scare me no matter what. Laying my head back down, I felt his hold on me tighten slightly.

My eye lids began to get heavy, but before I would let them close I placed a kiss to Ed's cheek and whispered in his ear. "I love you Edward." Before getting comfy and snuggling more into his side, carefully so that I wouldn't hurt him. The last thing I remember was him running his hand through my hair whispering he loved me too.

The next morning I woke in the arms of Ed, and sat up quickly remembering that he had gotten shot, and I immediately checked to make sure that he was okay and that his Vidal signs were good: they were.

"Winry, it is too early to be up." Ed groaned as he tried to roll over, but I stopped him because he can't roll over onto his side, not yet. He groaned again, but this time in pain. "Stupid guns."

Then his eyes met mine, and I couldn't help hold back the giggle, which then turned into a full on laugh. "You are so cute."

"I am not cute Winry." He was so serious, that only makes him cuter.

"Yes you are."

"I am not."

"Well you are to me."

"Tell no one." He told me, and I promised that it stayed between the two of us, (and Al, and Granny, and well everyone in this house).