chapter3

Winery’s POV

I was tired and needed a break and lunch. I went down stairs to get me something to eat. I found Al and Ed fighting each other outside, great. I ignored them and myself a sandwich. I sat down at the table to eat it when Ed and Al decided to come in to get some water.

“Hey Winry, hows my leg going.”

“Like normal Ed, whats the rush this time.”

“Oh nothing.”

“Really Ed.”

“Yeah, but what ever hust yell when its ready.”

“Okay.”

I finished my sandwich and went to go finish his leg.

Ed’s POV

Winry went back up stairs to work on my leg. Al and I didn’t have anything to do so we talked about what we both had been doing before we came to visit winry. Al was visiting May before coming here and I was visiting Roy. I was lost in thought and didn’t notice granny standing there staring at me until she hit me in the head with her hand.

“What was that for.”

“You were day dreaming, you little shrimp.”

“Hey I’m taller than you.”

“You will always be a shrimp to me Ed.”

I was going to continue yelling at her, but realized that she cared for me. For al as well she just loved to give us and mainly me a hard time. In truth I missed her, and Winry, but I would never tell that to them. I wouldn’t even tell Al although he already knew. He knew me better than anyone. I got slapped again.

“What was that for.” I looked up to see Winry standing next to me.

“You were in your own little world again.”

“Oh, but did you really have to hit me.”

“Yes, yes I did. I called you five times and nothing.”

“Oh well you have me now so what is it that you want.”

She soon started to blush, as did I when I realized what I had said. I said now “YOU HAVE ME.”

“I finished your arm.”

“What you finished, but you said that it would be…”

“I know what I said. I just ended up finishing sooner. Honestly Ed I thought you would be excited.”

“Okay alright.”

“Well come on.”

I followed her into her room, so that she could attach my arm. She took off the arm that I was currently wearing so that I could have two arms for my stay. She grabbed my arm and came back to my side.

She looked at me with soft gentle eyes that I loved “Ready.”

“Ready as I’ll ever be.”

She attached my arm and I flinched. I held onto the bottom of the chair with my left hand, so that I wouldn’t scream out. It hurt so much all the nerves reattaching themselves.

“Thanx winry.”

“No prob Ed.”

I got up and left to go find Al. Al was in the kitchen cooking with granny, more like helping her reach what ever she needed.

“And you call me the shrimp.”

“Ah Ed so you have what you came for now.”

“Yeah but I think that I might stay for a few days.”

“Really I’m sure that Winry will love that.”

Speaking of the devil, she came walking into the kitchen. She grabbed something to drink out of the fridge and sat down at the table.

“Is arm good.”

I moved it a few times and in different ways “Yeah I’m good, thanx.”

“Yeah sure.”

“Hey granny what are we eating.”

“Stew.”

“Really.”

“Yes Ed really.”

Great stew is my favorite or when granny makes it. I sat down next to winry who looked like she was about to fall asleep right here at the table.

“Tired.”

“A little but this is nothing.”

“K.”

Al soon joined us and we started to tell her everything that we have done so far.

It was getting late and granny had just given us our servings when we heard a knock at the door. Winry went to get up and get it “I got it.”

She sat back down as I answered the door to find him.

Hohenheim.”

“Ed.”

“Ed who is it.” granny called.

I allowed him to enter and he walked into the kitchen.

“Ah Hohenheim.”

“Dad.” Al got out of his chair and hugged him.

“Alphonse how are you.”

“Good, great.”

“That’s good, and you Ed.” He said looking over at me.

“I’m fine what are you doing here.”

“This is still my home, I have decided to come and stay.”

“Hmph.” I took my seat next to winry and finished my bowl while granny got up and talked to hohenheim.”

“Ed you don’t have to be so cold towards him.”

“You don’t get it Al.”

“Don’t get what brother, he’s our father.”

“Who left us and mom.”

“But he.”

“No buts Al.”

I couldn’t take it, I took off out of the house and just walked. I didn’t know where I was going until I was in front of it. Mom’s grave.