The Vamp's Girl [02]

“You have to be joking.” I said taking a step back, Keilor only smirked at me. It was impossible though! Vampires did not exist and I certainly wasn’t going to be some sort of food to him there! Before I even had time to process any of this, I turned on my heel and began to run in the opposite direction. Just as long as I could get away from him I didn't care about where I was running.

“Wait!” he called after me. Hell, I am not waiting! My heart was already starting to hurt from the excessive running but I couldn’t stop now. Curses on my weak heart! I huffed as I ran to the only place really familiar to me. The orphanage. I banged on the locked doors until I realised no one was going to help me now. Not even Sister Marie. I sighed, letting my legs buckle underneath me I leaned against the door, once again choking back the stupid tears.

I heard footsteps in front of me and I closed my eyes.

“Just go away.” I said, wrapping my arms around my legs and tucking my chin in between. I didn’t know what else I could do. Vampires weren’t real. This was a trick, just a stupid trick.

“I assure you, I am real.” I looked up. Keilor stared down at me, his piercing gray eyes were glowing in the dim moon light. “This is no trick.” He said extending his hands as if to show he wasn’t hiding anything.

“How am I suppose to believe you?” I asked, I wasn’t stupid. This wasn’t real. He sighed and rubbed his temples for a moment, mumbling something under his breath. I raised an eyebrow at him, it seemed he was beginning to get tired of me. Then a sudden thought came to mind, if I got him irritated enough then perhaps he would leave out of frustration. I tried to hide my smile as I thought of my plan. He suddenly turned and gave me a dangerous look before all my thoughts of my scheme disappeared instantly.

Keilor looked around for a moment before he stared at the moon. Instantly, his eyes began to change turning a deep murky red and his fangs began to extend slightly, my heart started pounding as I stared at him.

“Do you believe me now? This is not even half of what I am capable of.” He growled at me before he slowly changed back. He breathed down deeply, his nostrils flaring. His eyes were dilated for a moment before they changed to their dark glowing gray. I had no words to say to him, I only nodded. Of course I believed it! No normal person would be able to do that. Heck, not even a mutated human could do that! …even so he didn’t have to be cocky about it…'this is not even half of what I’m capable of…’ I rolled my eyes as I mocked him in my head.

I suddenly heard the sounds of a motorcycle and I jumped to my feet running out onto the sidewalk expecting Matt to pull over immediately. But it wasn’t Matt. It wasn’t his motorcycle. As it drove past I realise it was stupid to get my hopes up. I laughed at myself stupidly as I shook my head. It was over anyways. I felt a hand on my shoulder and I turned to face Keilor.

“We must return home now. The sun shall begin it’s rise soon.” He said staring at the moon for a moment. His face was a little distant, in the moonlight I could feel myself get nervous being around him.

“No, wait. I’m not going anywhere.” I said pushing his hand away, taking a few steps away from him.

“Would you rather wait for Nath to come back? Or stay here homeless? There is nothing left here for you. It is time for you to return home.” He growled impatiently. I breathed deeply and clenched my teeth.

“You’re not very patient are you?” I growled sarcastically back. I saw his jaw clench tightly before he swallowed.

“I have been very patient. You have not been very co operative.” He growled back getting dangerously close to my face, I usually would have moved away but I didn’t mind him invading my personal space.

“I don’t co operate with strangers, who turn out to be vampires trying to drag me to some weird place so he can eat me!” I yelled into the empty dark street. He looked taken back and let out a sweet sounding laugh that would have made me fall into his arms instantly.

“You believe I was going to eat you?” He laughed as if it was the funniest thing he’d ever heard. I stared at him confused. He was a vampire right? Vampires eat people. He opened his mouth to say something before sniffing the air, suddenly he took my hand and dragged me towards the forest at an amazing speed, it felt like my feet weren’t even touching the ground. I looked down I was barely touching the ground as I tried to keep up with him.

“Wait…too fast!” I managed to say smally as my heart sounded like it was going to give way. My eyes were fluttering and I gasped for air. The trees were already blurring before my eyes, I hope I wouldn't trip because at this speed, I'd probably break a couple of bones.

“A little more…” he muttered as I missed my step tumbling into him, he caught me before I fell. I shuttered from my heart’s almost dying beat, I placed a hand on my chest needing my medication. I quickly popped a pill into my mouth as Keilor helped me up, his eyes showing some concern. He lead me a step further into the deep forest before he let out a little breath.

“Give back the girl Ruher.” A strange alien like voice said, I turned to look behind us were three hooded figures.

“You cannot cross this line.” He growled holding onto me protectively, my heart pounded and my eyes struggled to stay open for a moment.

“She will not survive in your world. She was bred and grown here, leave her be. You needn’t interfere.” A hand reached out and I saw a glint of blue underneath the hooded face.

“Nath has interfered before I, it is my duty to protect her now. She is no longer safe here. I must do my duty.” I stared at the hooded figures, it felt so familiar. I stared into the unwavering blue glow under the hood. I took a step towards it before I was pulled back by Keilor.

“Duty to whom dear Ruher? Your kingdom or your heart?” the hooded figure chuckled slightly and I looked at Keilor who flared his nostrils his eyes glowing a furious red.

“But do not mind us Ruher, it is your people that shall judge you.” I turned back to see one last flash of blue before they faded into the darkness. We stood for a moment and my eyes lingered, it was so familiar. Those blue eyes...

It can't be him, April.

But what if it was?

Stop lying to yourself, you know it could never be him.

I shook my head and cleared my thoughts properly.

“Let’s move.” Keilor said yanking my arm before I had time to even question the strange people that were there.

We walked and walked at a fast pace until my legs collapsed under me. I sighed and sat down refusing to move any further.

“What are you doing? We still have a little more to go.” Keilor said, I glared at him. He was being quite insensitive.

“My heart.” I said looking away, I hated people who looked down on me for my bad heart. I couldn’t help it. Keilor sighed, running a hand through his hair.

“We don’t have time to waste.” He said in a flash picking me up so that he was piggy backing me. I blushed. I felt him chuckle as he knew I was blushing.

“Don’t get use to it, sweet. This is only so we can move faster.” He said, I gritted my teeth. He was being so cocky! Just because he was very good looking. I kept quiet though, I was too tired to argue with him right now. I just gasped quietly trying to get my breathe back every now and again. Soon after my heart slowed but my eyes fluttered from the excitement of the day. Slowly and ever so slowly I could feel my eyes closing and the rhythmic sound of Keilor’s steps helped lull me straight to a sweet sounding dream.