The Vamp's Girl [16]

NAMA LILY:

It was all over our world. Lady April was proclaimed dead. Was it true? I frowned as I looked down at my sparkly promise bracelet she had given me. I squeezed through people as I stood at the back of the hall, everyone looked sorry, regretful. Lady Jasa looked pale and older, her eyes glistened slightly from the tears that fell. My eyes scanned the room, everyone looked sad…too sad. I frowned, someone was missing where was Seth?

I sighed, brother Seth where were you? Why did you disappear now? I hope he would come back soon.

The procession began and everyone began to pay their respects, I waited until the hall was completely empty, I quietly walked up to the stage where Lady April lay. She looked like an angel, her eyes closed and she looked peaceful. It just looked like she was still sleeping.

“Lady April.” I whispered but she did not stir, I frowned trying not to cry. She had been so nice to me, it could not be possible...could it? “You have to wake up…” I whispered, why would I say these things? It wasn’t possible for Lady April to awaken now…she was asleep, resting with the dead. “Could you wake up?” My voice was quiet as I stared at her. “If you could wake up…I beg you to.” I whispered quietly. Why speak to the dead in this way? I was confused but continued to do this. “We miss you Lady April.” I whispered finally, I touched her hand before turning away. She’d stay this way for another week before they buried her. I sighed, I touched my bracelet before I walked out.

“You’ve been sleeping for a while now.” It was pitch black.

“I’m asleep?” I questioned, I didn’t remember anything.

“The correct term is dead.” The echoing voice joked.

“I’m dead?” I questioned again, it was still pitch black.

“Correct. You hit the jackpot!” They said crazily.

“Who are you?” I asked, my voice echoed in the pitch black silence.

“The question shouldn’t be who I am. But what I am.” They said, I hated riddles.

“Okay. What are you?” I asked, it felt weird talking to the pitch black dark.

“Wouldn’t you like to know.” He chuckled. I grew impatient.

“Enough games. Am I really dead?” I asked, unsure of myself.

“Mhm, you’re about to regain your life. This time don’t lose it so easily.” The voice said.

“What are you?” I asked. Silence embraced me.

“I’m what you are. What you are is what I am.” The voice chuckled.

“That doesn’t make sense.” I said.

“You don’t make sense.” It countered. I grew frustrated.

“You’re not very helpful.” I said.

“Oh you’re helpful. I’m not. Well, it’s time. Hopefully I won’t ever have to wake you up again. Fair winds April.” It said, it’s voice echoing through my mind. I was left by myself. What ever did it mean?

My eyes burst open and I gasped for air, it felt like I was taking my first breath. I sat up feeling my bones cracking in the process, I was in a coffin? Was that thing-the voice, really telling the truth? Had I been dead? How long had I been gone? I looked down to find myself in a simple white flow dress and a pair of roman heels. What in the world was going on?

I sat up gripping the edge of the coffin as I pulled myself up. I was in the dining hall, all the chairs and tables had been moved and a red carpet lay in the middle.