The Vamp's Girl [29]

I yet again found myself wandering through the corridors; lost in my own thoughts. Flashes of my conversation with Lauriel replayed over and over in my head. Who knows? Oh I think she does... I rolled my eyes, maybe she would just forget about it completely and never, ever, ever, ever...bring the subject up again. I smiled at that thought but then dismissed it as an option, even though I was seeing the new side of Lauriel it didn’t mean she didn’t have a plan already.

Feeling curious, I opened a window and looked out; Keilor was out training the men again. Gosh, what was new? Them learning ballet? I couldn’t help that I was literally bored out of my mind. What was I suppose to do? Join the men and roll around in dirt under the sun? Or sip tea and listen to gossip all day?

What I needed was a hobby. Something to keep myself pre-occupied...otherwise I was sure I was going to go mental in this place. That’s when it hit me. I laughed freely skipping down to the training grounds.

As I stepped out into the training ground area, I looked around and saw Keilor move so quickly I thought he was a cheetah. He took down 10 men in the time it took me to take a breath. That was scary. I shook my head as I slowly walked over to him.

“That’s not good enough. How will you ever be warriors if you can’t use teamwork?” Keilor asked, his hands on his hips in an authoritive manner. I stood in the shade not to far away listening for a moment. It was the first time I’d seen him train or teach. It was kind of aweing. Just like that, men charged at Keilor once more and in an instant...they were taken down and Keilor looked disappointed. “Take a break. Come back when you learn teamwork.” He sighed, dismissing him. He mumbled to himself as he walked over to the fountain, scooping water into his hands he splashed his face. I walked over to him holding a towel.

“Here.” I said, he took it and wiped his face clean dry.

“What are you doing here?” He asked curiously.

“What? Am I that good of a spy? You didn’t notice me watching in the shade?” I asked curiously. He chuckled and only shrugged his shoulders, taking a long sip of water from his cup.

“I was...thinking of going to the Market Gatherings.” I blurted out and Keilor spat out the water and wiped the dripplets from his chin with the back of his hand.

“You were...what? After what happened to you last time? You would sti-” He flamed furious and in the heat of the sun even I couldn’t handle it.

“I hurt those men. Did I kill them?” I asked, it had been on my mind but when was the right time to bring it up? What if I was a killer? I didn’t even remember it. I mean, what if this had happened back on Earth? I’d be in jail for being a murderer.

Murderer.

The word whispered into my mind and I felt guilty instantly, I mean I would say I’m sorry. But what could I say sorry for? Sorry I think I almost killed you but I don’t remember anything?

“They deserved what they recieved for harming you.” Keilor said, his eyes narrowing as he twirled his cup within his fingers.