The Vamp's Girl [14]

As my eyes opened I could hear the faint ringing of bells, it was the symbol for the significant day has begun. I yawned sitting up, Anda was curled on the bed and opened his eyes as I moved.

“You know what today is?” I asked him, he only stared at me for a moment before closing his eyes and hiding his face under his paw. I made a face at him, he was being very lazy for a warrior fighting species. Perhaps it was because he was just too cute, I think I spoilt him too much. Oh well. He’s just a little cub right now anyways.

I took a shower and towel dried my hair, I dug through my closet of clothes but didn’t know which piece of clothing to wear. Therefore I rummaged through the boundless clothes I had bought at the mall, I settled on a beige silk top, it was roman like and had a low back cutting, then I picked a white flow type of skirt. To top it all off I picked some black roman sandals and was content with how I looked, I fluffed my hair a little and exhaled. I smiled, I’d eat breakfast then get down to it.

I reached and turned the doorknob and was blown away with the number of girls screaming and running down the corridor in the direction of the dining hall. I was pushed back into my room as they trampled past, I blew my hair out of my face. What in the world was that all about? I ventured out again, looking before I went - just in case I was almost trampled again. There were strange decorations hanging over the walls and in the distance I could hear loud talking. Curious, I walked towards it. What was going on? As I neared the dining hall it all got louder and louder, I opened the doors and my jaw almost dropped as I stepped in. There had to be about like a billion - okay not a billion, that was exaggeration, perhaps about at least 500 girls in the room. At the front of the room, I could make out Keilor, Seth, Johson, Karan and Kight D. In fact if I really looked closely, there were distinct lines leading to each one, this wasn’t a normal thing…at least for me it wasn’t.

“Surprised?” I turned at the sound of Jasa’s amused voice.

“You…certainly didn’t warn me…this,” I gestured all around the room, “was going to happen.” I said still amazed.

“Oh…well, it slipped my mind.” She said sheepishly, she looked around the room.

“When will you be presenting yours?” She asked, Seth caught my eye and started waving and jumping up and down on the spot.

“Uh…perhaps…when they stop glaring ice at me. I’d be frozen for 1000 years if they had ice powers.” I joked, Jasa chuckled along with me as they turned to glare at me as Seth began calling my name.

“Oh April! Up here!” He called, I pushed my way through the reluctant crowd and passed by an angry looking Lauriel who seemed to have just a moment ago making her way through the crowd. I pushed until I was at the front, I saw a small box at Seth’s side, it was half full of uniquely handcrafted clips and I felt my smile turn into a slight frown.

“Did you sleep well?” He asked turning to me, ignoring the girl who was in front of him.

“Uh, yeah I did.” I said scratching my head, I was just hoping to enjoy a nice breakfast and nicely present each of them a clip but now…now I wasn’t so sure. I chickened out. So sue me~ “So what’s with all the…” I gestured around the room again, acting innocent.

“OH, today is Blessing Day, it’s when girls present their clips. It’s a symbol of safe return and strength in battle.” He commented, he turned back to the girl giving her a charming smile. She gave him the clip before walking away squealing with her friends who were waiting for her at the back of the hall.

“Not only that, but it’s a sign of affection.” I turned around and Keilor smiled at the girl, though I knew he was talking to me. I watched as it was now Laruiel’s turn to present her clip, she held it out and I looked at it, delicate it was a soaring griffin? I wasn’t sure what kind of creature it was but it was magnificently carved and shone in the light. I gawked at it, I didn’t want to admit it but it-but it was better than mine. I could feel my heart shatter a little, she sent a ‘I’m better than you’ look as Keilor accepted it and when she walked away I couldn’t help but giggle as he threw it into a box like the others. That’s when it struck me, if he had so many clips why didn’t he wear it? I’d have to ask him that later.