The Vamp's Girl [25]

I twirled a strand of hair within my fingertips as the soft glow of the Night Moon feel through the window, ‘Xavious Torrell’ his smile entered my mind and I shook it off and sat up in bed. My hair twirling around my face as I stared around the dim room, I rubbed my eyes and slipped out of the covers slightly bumping the chair next to my bed. I looked down at the book sitting there, ‘The Dreams of the Rulers’ Knight D was currently on the night partol around the castle. Keilor was no where to be found and Seth was passed out drunk on the floor. I frowned Knight D and Seth had been avoiding me the entire night, I even saw Seth flirting with another girl. NO! I wasn’t jealous...it was just an odd predicament.

I slipped on another jacket and slipped out of the room with ease, there were just so many things on my mind right now. As I roamed the dark corridors, I felt like I was being watched. With a quick turn I faced the darkness searching for something, the thing in the darkness that had been following me since I’d left the room. The light of the moon stretched my shadow into the darkness.

“Show yourself. Don’t hide from me.” I called softly into the darkness with a low tone in my voice and that’s when I saw it. The familiar electric blue eyes staring into mine and I caught my breath taking a step back, and another. “No...” I whispered, then it seperated itself from the darkness. A wolf the size of a large stallion, with electric blue eyes, it flared it’s nostrils and stared at me with caution. Automatically I felt compelled and mezmorised, my hand lifted on it’s own accord and reached towards the wolf, it simply bowed it’s head waiting for me as I took a step closer.

“April?” A voice called to me causing me to turn around, Xavious’ green eyes glowed in the darkness and I opened my eyes to say something but instead I turned around to see the wolf, no doubt it had snuck into the castle. But nothing was there, nothing greeted me but the cold wind. “What are you doing out so late?” He asked me reaching me, his eyes were not focussed on me but the darkness that lay around.

“Nothing...I just decided to take a walk.” I said with a slight smile, I looked into Xavious’ eyes and realised there was something different. It was dark and colder, a slight smirk played on his lips and I felt myself shudder in his presence. It felt totally different when we were dancing in the hall.

“All alone? What if creatures were waiting to steal you away?” He asked leaning close pushing me against the wall, he had cornered me in an instant. “Steal you away and eat you.” He whispered almost happily. I narrowed my eyes at his smirking face and placed my hands on his chest feeling a more intense tingling stream through my fingers causing him to let a sigh escape his lips.

“I’d scream and someone would save me.” I whispered freely, not realizing the danger of my words. My heart raced as Xavious’ face inched closer to mine, his leg finding the wall between mine.

“Oh? I find it amusing. A kingdom...protecting one little ki’ap, as if she was pure.” He growled in my ear and I growled back pushing but he hardly budged, he only laughed in a challenge for me to really move him. My fingers tingled and nipped static at my annoyance but he controlled himself his gaze never breaking from me.

My hands dropped and his smirk widened taking this a sign of defeat and I laughed shocking him and wiping off that smile off his face.

“What’s this? The Northern King trying to seek favour with the Vampires of the Dark by appearing as if he had interest in a ki’ap like me?” I paused to laugh, my brain didn’t even register the words, they flowed freely as if someone was whispering it into my ears. “You’re cruel. A cruel man.” I whispered, his smirk melted back onto his face as he wiped a stray of hair off my face.

“If it wasn’t for this feeling...I’d have snapped your neck in two.” He whispered taking my hand and placing it to his chest. “I have no true interest in you. Although, you are fun to tease.” He sighed once more as I let my annoyance slip through my fingers.