The Vamp's Girl [15]

I hung a string in front of Anda’s face and he played with it innocently, pouncing and rolling around on the ground. I laughed evilly every time he missed; I was such a cruel person! I lay lazily on my bed just wearing a normal t shirt and a pair of track pants.

“When are you going to get bigger?” I asked him randomly holding the string way out of his reach, he stared up at it, sitting and waiting patiently to play the game again. I was pretty much bored out of my mind…I’d been reading books about Leons and they all said that Anda should be at least the size of a small couch, yet he was still as small as a kitten. Seriously, he was so small he still liked to sit on my shoulder when I walked around the castle; I sighed as I lowered the sting into his reach again and watched him playfully playing.

“Maybe you’re defective.” I said, Anda yelped as it almost had the string before I pulled it away. That’s when a stupid idea popped into my head; I knew it was a stupid idea…but…

You shouldn’t think about it, April

ButIm bored!

It’s a bad idea

Im going to do it anyways.

I threw the string away and scooped Anda swiftly into my arms, he had made it a habit to sit on my shoulders and I let him. I walked out and down the corridors; it had been around two weeks since Blessing Day.

As I walked through the corridors I smiled at those who passed me as they bowed to me. I still wasn’t used to that, it was cool in a way but really weird at the same time.

“Oh hi Jasa!” I said happily as we bumped into each other as she came out of her room. She gently closed the door behind her before giving me a warm smile.

“And where would my dear sister be off to now?” She questioned suspiciously, I avoided her gaze as I held my hands behind my back. I don’t know what it was about Jasa, but I wouldn’t lie around her like I usually could. There was just something about the way she looked at me, it was like she knew if I was telling the truth or not.

“Nowhere special! Just…up to trouble!” I said with a shrug off the shoulders before I stepped around her and with a cheeky smile I continued walking. Jasa had been so good to me, she was a good sister. I’d have to tell her that she meant heaps to me. I know! I’d give her a really awesome present for her birthday…whenever that was. She was family to me, she IS family to me. But it is just one of those things that cannot be explained, she was family, but she made me feel so welcome even though we hadn’t known each other that long. The entire truth is I’d do anything for her because she made me feel so welcome.

I finally came to the Leon stalls. It was a wooden like stable; it reminded me of horse stables. I opened the door carefully, most of them growled as I entered.

“When are you going to get like that?” I asked pulling Anda off my shoulders and holding him out towards the stalls. I looked over at Alita Eve’s stall, she growled at me slightly making me step away.

“Not too friendly…” I muttered, Anda struggled in my arms, running towards the first stall. I ran after him trying to grab him. I heard a vicious growl that made me stop in my tracks, my heart racing sending adrenaline around my body telling me to get away.

YOU NEED TO RUN RIGHT NOW.

BUT ANDA!

Seth’s Leon Demon had stood up, I watched as Anda growled at it. Demon was by far larger than any of the other Leons and it bared it teeth menacingly, growling so loudly that it echoed in my ears.