The Vamp's Girl 22

The gentle filling of water in my bathtub drowned out the sounds of the warriors training today, I was curious to see what kind of training they were doing but I had my own troubles to work out first. I stripped off the blue torn dress and stared at my dull features in the mirror, my fingers running over my warm skin, I touched my neck and felt the little lumps felt from Keilor’s fangs. It no longer bothered me it was there, it was just another reminder I was alive, I traced the fading scars on my arm, there it was another reminder I was alive, unbeliveably alive.

I shook my head and turned to see if the bath had finished filling, but something caught my eye. I turned my body to reveal a black mark etched into my lower back. My eyebrows narrowed in confusion as my fingers ran over it gently, it was tender to touch and tingled, illuminating a dark blue, my heart raced as I stared at it. It resembled a sprouting tree, I’d never seen it before in my life...

“So the rumours are true.” My head snapped up at the sound of that chilling voice, sending goosebumps up my skin and my heart pounding. Nath sat lazily on the open window sill, he smirked at me before he licked his lips, I took a step back. My voice caught in my throat, I wanted to run but I was so scared.

Run April! You’ll die if he catches you!

“I just want to talk.” He laughed, I shook my head stepping away. He gracefully slipped off the window sill, his blonde hair gently swaying as he picked up my blue dress off the floor, he threw it at me and I caught it shakily. “Although I do enjoy the view, it would be too distracting to talk to you.” He smirked again, his eyes travelling down my body, I quickly slipped on the dress, Keilor’s blade caught my eye, it was sitting on the basin table. I had washed it and was going to give it back to him. I ran for it and grabbed it, I held it tightly and pointed it towards the still Nath who watched me lazily.

“Oh? Are you going to stab me Princess?” He questioned. My hand shook but I would not let my guard down. “I told you I just wanted to talk.” He raised his hands up to show that he wasn’t hiding anything, I swallowed hard but my eyes never left him. I lowered the blade slightly and began to relax, before I knew it Nath was standing in front of me. He grabbed the knife out of my hands and I gasped. “Just a safety precaution. I see Keilor gave you his blade.” He observed, I snatched my wrist back defiantly and pulled myself back.

“What do you want?” I finally asked, finding my voice. Nath twirled Keilor’s blade in his hands for a moment.

“You.” He said, his blazing eyes bored into mine. It reminded me of the first time we had met, how those eyes were mezmorising. I shook my head and snapped out of it.

“You can’t have me!” I said, I stiffled a laugh. Even in a dangerous situation I couldn’t remain serious. Hold it together April!

“I’m fully aware of that. You will not willingly come with me.” He sighed, a frown pulled his face for a moment, he stared towards the window.

“If you know this, why are you here?” He twirled the blade onces more before turning to look at me with a smile.

“I’ve been curious...” I opened my mouth to say something when he suddenly appeared behind me, his arms snaked around my waist and another around my neck tightly. “If I gave you my blood, how would you react?” he chuckled, “This shall be fun to watch. Tell my comrades I wish them well...”

Keilor’s blade appeared before my eyes, Nath effortlessly plunged the knife into his arm and held it out towards me, close enough for me to smell the metallic smell of blood. I turned my head and struggled. There was no way that I would drink Nath’s blood. I wasn’t a freaking vampire!

“April? Are you alright in there? Why is the water overflowing?” I hadn’t noticed it but the bath had overflowed and must have leaked beyond the door.