The Vamp's Girl [33]

It had been one month since -well since that time. Everything was back to normal - it was better than normal. It was pretty much perfect. I strolled leisurely through the corridors once again with a soft smile on my lips.

“Commander Ruher dismissed class again?” I turned around to see one of the younger soliders groaning; an irritated look on his face as he walked with his friend.

“In the past month of training Com. Ruher doubled the schedules so we’d finish our training in half the time. But really, it’s tough.” His friend said crossing his arms against his chest heaving out a large sigh. I raised my eyebrow, so that’s why Keilor had looked so free.

Suprise picnic and Leon rides my butt! He was pushing his soliders so he could spend time with me? My heart fluttered for a moment...

It’s so ro-man-tic!~

Irresponsible you mean?

“Stupid Keilor.” I muttered feeling irritated that he wasn’t doing his job properly.

“Eh?! Oh, good sun Lady April. We-we didn’t know that you were...here...” The solider said finally realizing that he was standing pretty close to me. I smiled at him kindly.

“Ah so? Excuse me - I’m going to go find Keilor.” I said waving them off; they saluted respectedly and I flowed through the corridors with ease. My light green dress fluttered around me as my pace increased as I made my way to the training grounds.

“Oh, hello April.” I turned in the same fluid movement I took to take a step to see Bellon, Rahat and Timia standing there. I pulled a smile up and onto my face; I’d given them the choice to return to Earth or to live in the castle. It had been too long since they had been here and wished not to return to that depressing life - I understood that well. So, with Jasa and Marath’s approval they had just began their Leddettship here. Of course it sounded absurd that humans could live here - but during their medical check up, Nath had somehow modified their DNA without their knowledge. Somewhat like Seth, they were mainly human but a quarter vampire.

“Mornin’ how are things?” I asked them and immediately Timia blushed.

“IT’S-I-I-I-IT’S FANTASTIC!!!!” She yelled, making my heart jump and she clamped her hands over her mouth.

“Is that so?” I laughed sheepishly. I wasn’t going to pry on what made her so frantic, so I let it go.

“TIMIA!” I turned around, I knew that voice well. Seth came running through the corridor, sending servants flying against the wall. I raised an eyebrow staring at the approaching Seth before looking at the furiously blushing Timia and laughed.

“Leddett Timia!” Seth said stopping in front of me, completely ignoring me for a moment. I watched their exchange.

“You...dropped this...this...really pretty rock.” Seth said holding out his hand and I stared at the plain white stone in his hand. That was the best you could think of Seth? Really? I raised an eyebrow at him, trying to send my message to him.

“Th-th-that’s not mine.” She stammered, her face as red as the roses in the garden.

“Huh...really? Are you sure?” Seth asked staring at the rock in his hands. He held it out to her once more catching her off guard for a moment. “But it’s so pretty. Here I’ll give it to you.” He said with a smile.

“N-no, I couldn’t do that. It’s-” Before he even let the poor girl finish Seth took her hand and put the rock into her hands.

“Don’t worry! It’s a gift.” He smiled, running a hand through his hair. Timia mumbled a soft thank you and all of us stood there in an awkward silence.