The Vamp's Girl [11]

I grumbled as I petted Anda’s head, he purred contently in my arms, Johson and Karan snickered behind me, fearing to get too close to me. I stalked off alone, still embarrassed from brushing noses with Keilor and having everyone who is a vampire within 100 mile radius being able to hear what I thought about it.

“It’s not my fault April.” Keilor said behind me but I ignored him, feeling my cheeks flush immensely.

“Oh it so is.” I muttered back, I did feel a little bad, I was making him carry all my bags back to the Vampiric Lands and he was earning a lot of stares from people on the street. I could hear people tsking at me and mentioning something about being ‘whipped?’ I chuckled evilly to myself, I just couldn’t help it. I wasn’t angry anymore, just slightly embarrassed and was by far having too much fun being mean. I heard Keilor sigh behind me, but I continued walking forward.

“Oh Lady April. Do we have permission to help Com. Ruher yet? He’s been carrying all the bags since we left the hotel. He’s even carrying mine.” Seth whined like it was a bad thing, so I turned around and coughed to hide my laughter. Yes, he had three bags on each shoulder, and two in each hand.

“No you don’t have permission.” I said with a fast fading angry face.

No?” Keilor questioned, in an instant all the bags were dropped to the floor and he took two quick strides towards me, till we were inches apart.

“No…” I said softly, my heart racing as his gray eyes blazed down at me, the sunlight illuminating his skin slightly.

“I might as well carry you as well then.” He said grabbing me up in one fluid moment. As he did so I screamed dropping Anda only to the floor who growled at Keilor, Seth quickly came and picked him up and he settled happily into his arms. He then took a few steps back to pick up the bags all in one motion flinging them onto his shoulder as he held me bridal style. He smirked at me as I gawked at how easy it looked.

“Put me down!” I whined wanting to get down as people began to smile at us, something about blossoming young love.

“Do I still have to carry the bags in such a humiliating way?” He whispered in my ear, I could see Knight D smirking a little off, he was still scowling at the others who stared at him.

“Yes.” I said stubbornly, looking away. I could feel the blush creep even further onto my face as I became more conscious of myself.

“Then I won’t put you down until you say I can stop.” He chuckled at me knowing my growing discomfort about him carrying me like this.

“Fine.” I growled at him, he smirked finally having his way. He dropped the bags down as easily as he slipped them onto his shoulder.

“You can let me go now Keilor.” I said, waiting for him to put me down.

“I could. But I don’t really want to.” He said as he began walking with me, I pulled a face at him and he chuckled. “That face is not very princess like.” He commented, so I make the face even more. “But it’s quite adorable.” I blushed and looked away from him. He chuckled cockily, knowing he’d won this round, this was only a reminder that I lost.

I looked behind to see Seth, Johson and Karan picking up our bags and energetically running to catch up, even further behind was Knight D, who walked straight back his eyes down cast and hands in the pocket. I noticed he had that kind of lost boy, but I don’t really care kind of look just as he walked. His eyes caught mine when he looked up and I smiled at him, he slowed his pace until I could barely see him in the crowd and I gave up searching for where he was when my eyes began to hurt.

“Am I starting to get heavy yet?” I asked turning to ask Keilor.

“I am a vampire. What do you think?” He whispered in my ear, I blushed. It was too easy being around them, they were nothing like the books. Nothing like anything any human could have imagine. I fitted in with them so well that I forgot the simple details like what they were. Even if I was completely conscious of it, it didn’t bother me. I simply just liked being with all of them, they were like my family.