The Vamp's Girl [19]

The Island of Tempress was a magnificent city. The entire city was surrounded by a single flawless marble wall enclosing the city as a protective screen, as we passed through the wall I saw my own reflection. I reached out my hand and touched the cool structure of the wall, I breathed out an awed breath. The entire Island was structured in a way that each row of housing looked like a ripple radiating from the tall waterfall located in the middle. Trees loomed gracefully over the buildings illuminating the night sky with radiant colours of white, blue, purple and orange. Birds flew playfully through the sky, I looked up and saw the beautiful colours of Vycalons and other birds.

"This is your hometown?" I asked him just to make sure it was true. It was a beautiful place, it seemed to isolated from the rest of the Vampiric Lands, like it was neutral.

"Yes, I grew up here." he said with a stiffer smile. Somehow it seemed like being here was hard for Knight D I wondered why he would bring me here if it made him uncomfortable, what was so important about this place he wanted to show me?

"Knight D...-" I began, feeling his uneasiness. I could begin to feel the tingling in the night air.

"Why do you call me by that title?" He questioned suddenly as if it just came to mind. He leaned in slightly as he asked, our face close together and his sweet honey amber eyes searching mine as if he were yet again looking for something.

"When I met you thats what you were introduced as. I didn't learn your real name until we had our trip." I shrugged my shoulders. I stared at him and waited for him to say something but he remained quiet. There was something questionable in his eyes, like there was something he was dying to say, about to say...

Alita Eve growled lightly making me look up in front of us were several people. Alita came to a halt in front of them and I opened my mouth to ask Knight D what was going on but as I turned my head he had already jumped out of the carriage and was making his way over to them.

I sat in the carriage unsure of what I was meant to do. I watched as he bowed gracefully in front of them and began talking. it was no use to try and understand what they were saying because they were too far away. I scanned the people standing there, one was a man dressed in fancy clothing, he had light blue eyes and dark blue hair. The woman next to him wore similiar elegant clothes that drapped off her body, her face was a dark tanned colour with silver coloured hair and eyes.

"You must be Lady April." I jumped not hearing the voice, I turned to look at the girl who stood by the carriage. She had shoulder length lagoon blue hair and bangs, her eyes were a deep black. I stared at her emotionless face. She was very beautiful.

"I am. Who are you?" I asked her with a warm smile, she blinked but did not return my warm smile.

"Mara Vescala." she responded, I opened my mouth to ask her something when she walked away briskly to stand next to the man with blue hair, she had the same features as the man so I assumed that was her father. I felt something in the air as I watched as alike the people he was talking to, Knight D 's face became the cold emotionless face that I knew so well. I sighed as I played with the hem of my t shirt, why did Knight D bring me here? To his hometown, I looked up and stared at Mara who stared back at me, there was something different about her eyes, something deep and mysterious- so alike Knight D. She broke contact with me and turned to look at Knight D who stared at who I assumed to be Mara's father.

Feeling slightly out of the picture and loop, I stood up in the carriage and helped myself down and began to walk towards them, the conversation stopped dead as my feet brushed on the soft grass. I stood next to Knight D, he stared down at me and gave me a stiff smile I returned his smile.

"I don't want go cause trouble." I said softly, I looked over all of them and Mara's father's eyes flashed a look of shock before it became masked again.