The Vamp's Girl [30]

It was a long while before I had drifted off to sleep but just as I was getting comfortable the shriek sounds of the alarm clock sounded, I expected it to stop quietly but it didn’t. I rolled over to stare at the clock which sat on Keilor’s box only a few feet away from me. However I was too tired to even go over there.

After a while, I groaned and sat up in bed, stretching my arms with the loud alarm clock continuing to ring...loudly. I watched Keilor’s box for a moment...it was completely silent which made me wonder if Keilor had already risen or if he was still sleeping. Before I could even blink the lid of the box flew off and shattered into pieces before it even hit the ceiling and a droopy eyed Keilor sat up. His hair was a mess and his eyes were still half closed.

“Rediciously loud automatic machinary.” He growled rubbing his head like he had a hang over, making me giggle.

“Alright, enough groaning. Let’s go to the market.” I said jumping out of bed. Keilor smirked and got out of his box and walked into the bathroom closing the door. I yawned and opened his door and walked out into the corridor. Even though it was early the servants were already out and working scrubbing the corridors and the floors. They greeted me kindly and I smiled back.

“Good sun Lady April.” One said behind me, I half turned and smiled at her while walking. I immediately bumped into someone.

“Good sun April. You’re awake quite early.” I looked up to see Seth smiling down at me. He wore a simple vest that showed off his abs and a pair of airy silk pants used for training.

“Yeah. I’m allowed to go to the Market Gatherings today.” I said with a smile.

“Do you have a minute?” He asked seriously, I stared into his eyes for a minute and nodded. He led me to a secluded area of the corridor away from the prying eyes of the servants.

“What’s on your mind?” I asked him leaning against the wall.

“Mainly you.” He said, I raised my eyebrow at him but he didn’t smile. “I’m more concerned about what Lauriel meant the other night.”

“We made a stupid bet...and I don’t back down from my word.” I shrugged my shoulders.

“You know how I feel about you April.” He said staring at me, I couldn’t look him in the eyes. “I tell no lies.” He whispered, I heard Lauriel’s words in my ears once more. ‘Ask a man his heart, he tells no lies.’ I shuddered. What if it’s all not true? So I did...something I wouldn’t have thought I’d do. I smiled at him making him quiet. Then leaning up onto my tippy toes I gently wrapped my arms around his neck and pecked his lips. After a moment I pulled away.

“I didn’t understand what she meant. I think I still don’t.” I whispered, Seth said nothing but stared at me. “You didn’t feel it here either did you?” I asked, pointing to my heart. Seth just stared at me.

“No.” He whispered sadly. I put my hand on the side of his face and smile.

“It’s not me. You’re just attracted to me; it’s part of my element.” I told him, his eyes widened.

“It felt so real in my mind and my body.” He said; I think for Seth it was harder to understand.

“I know. This doesn’t mean we can’t be really, really, really, awesome friends.” I said, he smiled back at me.

“That’s true Lady April.” He chuckled.

“Still, you shouldn’t have to go back to all that formality. Call me April.” I said with a smile. Seth only nodded.

“April.”

I said my goodbyes to Seth and went to my room, I wanted to take a shower and get ready to go to the Market Gatherings. The moonlight began to stream through the tall windows of the corridors and as early as it was the servants were already busy preparing for breakfast.