The Vamp's Girl [12]

I opened my eyes and saw the light of the morning moon shine in, I threw the covers off and immediately went to take a shower. The hot water made me spring to life, it washed away all the icky feelings of yesterday and whatever happened. I slipped on a pair of baggy track pants, a plain white overly large t shirt and a pair of sneakers, they made me feel like home. I quickly towel dried my hair and stepped out of the bathroom, Anda was already awake chewing happily on the cat suit he had to wear. I chuckled, he looked up to look at me before tackling the poor already broken suit.

I looked around my room and moved the bags into a corner and felt my stomach tell it was time for food.

“Anda, you hungry? Let’s go.” Anda immediately jumped to my side, there were two things I memorised in the castle. One was the way to go to the training grounds/ garden area and the other was the dining hall. I skipped my way there, smiling to those who’d stop to salute me or wish me good sun. I never understood the meaning of the phrase, ‘good sun’ I shrugged it off as I entered the dining hall it was the same saying ‘good morning’ I suppose. Jasa and Marath sat together at the top of the table discussing some matters that looked private, off to the other end of the table were Seth and Knight D. I searched around and saw Keilor sitting on the ledge of the window eating an apple, he turned to look at me as I entered. I debated where would I sit? I didn’t have to think about it very long.

“Oh April sit here!” Seth said getting up and running over to me, he pulled me quickly to sit down beside him so much that I just ‘plonked’ onto the seat. I flicked my hair out of my face as food was put onto the table.

“How was your sleep?” Seth asked as he began to eat.

“Peaceful.” I replied digging in, Anda had jumped onto the table and was now happily licking at a bowl of what I assumed to be milk.

“What shall you do today La- April?” Knight D said clearing his throat, I jumped slightly at his voice. He’d never seem to be interested making conversation with me.

“Oh, I don’t know. Stroll around the castle?” I shrugged my shoulders. What more could I do? I wasn’t like Jasa who could just sit in the garden all day and just chat along with the Ledetts, in fact put me in a room with Laruiel we’ll see how long her face stayed in one piece.

“Perhaps you’d like to see our version of that thing you call a ‘mall.’” He said taking a sip of juice, his golden eyes holding mine.

“Really? I can do that? I’d love to then.” I said, I never really thought I’d be allowed out of the castle, but hell I’d love to see more of it. After all this was my home. Knight D gave me a stiff smile and I continued to eat in silence, not really noticing how everyone seemed to be so quiet.

“Mind if I join you?” Keilor said behind me somewhere, probably still sitting at the window’s edge. I heard the crunch as he took a bite of his apple.

“I’d also like to accompany you.” Seth said from the side, but he wasn’t looking at me he was looking at Knight D who was too busy eating to notice.

“Seth you have training to attend to and Ruher there are meetings awaiting you today.” Marath reminded and I could have sworn I heard Seth growl lowly under his breath. But that must have been my imagination Seth would never growl like that.

“So, shall I see you at the stables later?” Knight D asked, I stuffed the last piece of bread into my mouth and nodded. He smiled, saluted to Jasa and Marath before excusing himself to leave, Seth also got up with a happy smile quickly rushed off with a quick goodbye and have fun.

I sat there for a while, watching Anda roll around happily on the table after a good tasting meal.

“We are also off sister dear, see you later. Enjoy your fun.” Jasa said, waving as Marath entwined his fingers with hers. I watched as they walked off happily and I couldn’t help but sigh.