chapter twenty-one

'When your two worlds combine, you find yourself in a troubled position. Be brave and find a way to make it better or just watch and see your worlds collapse.'

“What’s up with this place?” I looked around the little bistro Guy and I were sitting in. He shrugged and pointed towards the menu, I sighed and looked back at the menu again. There were things on this menu that I had never heard of but really wanted to try, and to be honest it was almost everything on the menu.

“What are you taking?” I put the menu down and looked at him, he was staring at me his eyes trailing off to the menu I had laid down. I sighed picked it up again, reading the dishes again and again. I had gone over this menu multiple times these past ten minutes and I could tell you now that after the Caesar salad came The Ultimate Salmon Salad. I had never ate fish before so I was definitely not going to try it out now, but the name stood to me. I sighed slapped the menu shut and dropped it on the table.

“Maybe this was a stupid thing.” And I stood up again, after my outburst earlier today I had demanded Guy to go so I could cry on my own, not that I told him that, but he refused. He ordered me to take a shower and fresh up and then he would take me out for dinner. I had looked into his dark blue eyes and shook my head multiple times, but he had grabbed me by my wrist and pushed me into the bathroom, roughly. Scared of him coming into the bathroom while I was showering, I had turned on the shower and stood under the hot spurt for nearly five minutes before I rushed myself into my clothes again. When I was finished, the doorbell rang and without thinking I ran down the stairs to open the door. There he was again, this time standing on my doorstep a big smile on his face.

“Jamey, you look beautiful as always.” Was the first thing he said, before he pushed me away and walked into the house. I stared at his body, which was heading towards the living room.

“Sir.” And he closed the door, cutting the conversation out of hearing range for me. I was still standing by the door when Guy came back with a smirk on his face.

“Have fun, sweetie.” Marc had called out from the living room and when I frowned at Guy his smirk grew wider. 

“Put on your shoes and jacket, I’m taking you out for dinner.” I didn’t move at first, but when his body showed impatience I handled fast.

“Where are we going?” I asked him as I walked towards his car, putting my jacket on.

“It’s a surprise.” And he sat down in the car.

Now I’m hear about to walk out of the bistro, but Guy pulled me down to my chair.

“Stop making scene’s, princess.” I sighed and stared at him, his hand was still clenched tight around my wrist but he was looking at his menu.

“Maybe if you stop being so damn annoying.” He snapped his head up, his expression, furious.

“What’s your problem?” He whispered, but still the anger in it was clear.

“I try to make a conversation, but you’re being so damn vague that I don’t think this will work out.” He laughed and his laugh got louder by the second, I hid away in my seat as I felt my face flush red.

“Guy, Guy, geez calm down, Guy.” I was on the edge of yelling, because his laughter caused a lot of stares our way and it made me really uncomfortable.

“If you just listen to what I tell you, I promise you’re going to have a great night.” He had finally calmed down, but his face was still red from laughing.

“I don’t know what ninety percent of these dishes are.” I said after a moment of silence, and he started laughing again only this time a little bit softer.