chapter twenty-seven

'the grand essentials of happiness are, something to do, something to love and something to hope for.'

“Oh.” I put my hands in the air, waving around as I celebrated my victory all by myself. “I told you I would kick your ass.” I put my hands down on the foosball table and looked at Damon. He sighed, obviously disappointed by his loss.

“You cheated.” He pushed himself back up from the table and looked at me. I laughed and stuck my tongue out at him. “Cheater.” He said and I watched his chest muscle’s tense up as he made a move, ready to run to me. I shrieked and tried to turn around and run away, but his arms were already wrapped around my waist.

“You have to bring me home now, you promised.” He dug his chin into my bare back and a soft breeze rushed over my body as he whiffled. He lifted me up from the ground and threw me over his shoulder, my stomach ached as his shoulder buried itself slowly into it. Just when I was about to say something, he threw me off his shoulder onto the bed. I rolled over and tried to roll off the bed but he rolled me back and crawled over me.

“I don’t want to.” He kissed my chest and slowly made his way up to my face, I sighed. Trying to find the strength to push him off, not the physical strength but the mental strength. The strength to stop something that gives me pleasure and something I really want. I took a deep breath and looked Damon in the eyes.

“Stop it.” I whispered. He frowned in response, smiling. He looked me in the eyes and licked his lips. Oh those lips, those lips that make me want to grab him and kiss him hard, and when he licked them I could feel my hand slowly shifting up. Ready to grab his face and pull him close, but I stopped myself when I heard my phone ring.

“Saved by the bell.” I stretched out my hand and grabbed my phone from the floor next to the bed. Damon rolled himself off me with a loud sigh and I smiled at him.

“Helloooooooo.” I stretched the O as I answered the phone without looking at the id, Marc had already called me two times so I knew it would be him.

“You coming?” The annoyance and impatience very detectable in his voice. I laughed as I saw Damon roll his eyes.

“Yah, I just won with foosball so I got myself a ride.” I could mentally see Marc frown his eyes at that statement, but I didn’t bother explaining. “See ya soon.” And I ended the call.

I got up from the bed, fast, as I knew Damon was ready to pull me back into the bed again.

“Do you remember when I said I just wanted to hold you in my arms?” I nodded at him as I searched to room for my socks. “I kind of meant that.” He finished and I laughed, as I grabbed my socks from the floor.

“I know you do and I want to, but I can’t. I have to get home to my family.” I sat down on the bed and put my socks on, I felt the bed move as Damon got out too.

“That sounded like you have a husband and kids and we’re having an affair.” I laughed at him, but didn’t bother giving him a response. Marc had called two times before, asking if I was already coming home. I answered him with a yes, both times, but Damon pulled me back into the bed the first time and after the second call I made him a deal. If I won with foosball he would bring me back, if he won I would call Marc and tell him I would stay the night at Daniel’s. I won, of course. I put on my socks and walked over to grab my pants from the floor, I pulled it over my ass. Jumping up and down, as I made my way towards my T-shirt.  

“I’m sorry about the special evening you had planned.” This has been the most special evening in my life yet, but I knew it wasn’t the thing he had prepared. So somehow I kind of felt guilty. I put my shirt back on and walked back to the bed, grabbing my shoes in process.